Welcome to St. Hugo Latchkey!
What is “Latchkey”? St. Hugo Latchkey is a before and after school child care program offered to St. Hugo of the Hills Catholic School families. Latchkey is available most school days, as often as you need it, before and after school. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7am-8am and after school until 6pm.
How can Latchkey make life easier? Do you work a distance away? Early and late appointments, meetings, and those essential errands can often take longer than usual; heavy traffic can cause delays. No worries! In any case, your child can be here– safe and happy in St. Hugo Latchkey until you arrive.
An awesome blessing: Your children are absolutely loved here! Their health and safety is our top priority! Homework help is available at no extra charge. A balance of homework and play time is here in Latchkey! The children love being together! They often want to stay and play even when you get here. Latchkey is very much like your happy family reunion when we’re together.
· Daily prayer is a part of our AM and PM routine in Latchkey! Children eagerly bring their special intentions to the prayer time. We always remember you in prayer too!
· Children play imaginatively, making up their own games, and play traditional board games and floor games.
· The kids enjoy snacks and beverages.
· They also love 15-30 minutes, of outdoor play– every day the weather permitting. Outdoor recess often includes tag, soccer, kickball, playground structures, and playing in the snow.
· A TV/DVD player is up and running for special days or as another choice during inclement weather.
· Indoor bowling, hopscotch, hula hoops, Legos, board games are some of our many activities.
· Since we go outdoors as often as possible we ask that your child’s outdoor clothing is appropriate for the weather, as we play on the fields and play structures! Boots, hats, gloves, snow pants, coats are all part of the gear your child needs in cold weather!
· We work to help your child stay organized and keep everything in one area, where they are working, and at a spot along the walls. So…when it’s time to leave Latchkey for the day, please have your child check for all their belongings. We really don’t want you to have to make another trip here to pick up homework and outdoor clothing.
When can I enroll my child in Latchkey? You can enroll your child in Latchkey at any time! Many families choose to register in the fall, but registration forms are available in the office and the cafeteria before and after school during Latchkey!
In Jesus Christ’s Love,
The St. Hugo Latchkey Staff: Mrs. Cathy Winowiecki, Mr. Carl Winowiecki