St. Hugo strives to remain current with the latest technology to enhance our educational community. In line with our vision to provide a 21st century learning environment, we incorporate technology across the curriculum.
- The school maintains two iPad and three Chromebook mobile carts for classroom use.
- The school is equipped with two computer labs where students attend computer instruction classes as part of their curriculum.
- Students are exposed to a variety of age-appropriate educational software and enjoy safe Internet access across all devices.
- Teachers utilize School Speak, a Web-based student information system, to record grades and generate academic reports. Teachers provide weekly updates, and parents have access to monitor their child’s academic performance via PC’s or mobile platforms.
- Teachers have access to cloud-based core instructional materials and electronic learning resources.
- Classrooms are equipped with teacher workstations that contain a variety of tools, including document cameras, Promethean or CleverTouch systems, TV monitors and/or LCD projectors, Apple TV’s, and wireless microphone systems.
- The school features a 1-gigabit connection via Comcast and a 250 megabit connection via AT&T. This allows for the use of our iPads and Chromebooks, and it provides the added benefit of increased performance of all desktop computers and applications throughout our school.
- The school is equipped with building-wide Wi-Fi access.
The Right Tool for Every Student
Every grade level is exposed to the latest and most appropriate technology, and our staff and students have access to a variety of tools.
Grades 5-8: Google Tools
St. Hugo provides each student in grades 5-8 with a school-sponsored Google account on the sthugoschool.org domain, allowing them access to the Google Apps for Education suite of tools. These tools empower students to access their work from any device anywhere, manage time and schedules with an online calendar, and collaborate with documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. Work can be exported to traditional desktop programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Google G-Suite enhanced security features (like encrypted connections to Google’s servers, spam filtering, and sender authentication) provide additional safety measures to our students.
Grades K-3 – iPad Instruction
Students in grades K-3 have an iPad center within each room. They also have access to classroom sets of iPads. Applications are selected to meet the needs of each classroom and grade-level. We believe that no finger is too tiny to swipe; it’s just a matter of giving students the chance!