- Hugo student John Torok is leading a drive for hurricane relief. Wristbands will be sold Thursday and Friday of this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week for $2.00 each. The classroom with greatest participation wins a pizza party. John will be making some announcements with more details this week.
- Former student Claire Fanning has begun a fundraiser for Alzheimer’s patients at Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield. We are fortunate to have many philanthropic students!
- What an amazing end to a great volleyball season for our 5/6th grade volleyball team. The girls went on a 9-game win streak ending the season with 11 wins and only 2 losses. This record puts the girls at the top either in a three way tie at 1st with St. Joseph and Marist (pending the result of Sunday’s game between Marist and St. Joseph) or a solid 2nd place finish. The team consisted of: Anastacia Wachowiak, Elle Ervin, Maggie Scott, Abby Hannan, Rachel Royer, Isabella Denipoti, Valentina Naman, Abigayle Agbay, Aubrey Agbay, & Mackenzie Kallio.
- Congrats to the 5th/6th grade girls’ soccer team who defeated St. Paul’s 1-0 on a goal by Ada Kowalewski to win their CYO division.
- The 5th/6th grade boys’ soccer team also won their CYO division with a 3-1 win against Everest at home. Both teams want to thank Mrs. MacLean and Mrs. Reed for showing their support by attending the games on Sunday evening. The girls 7th/8th grade soccer team and the boys 7th/8th grade soccer team advance to the CYO playoffs. Go Vikings!