Parent Bulletin|April 27,2015
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Tues. Apr. 28 & Wed. Apr. 29: Charity Bake Sale hosted by our 6th graders during all lunch periods. These delicious goodies will be 50 cents each w/proceeds going to help the people in South Sudan. Peanut free options will be available!
- Fri. Apr. 30: May lunch order forms are due. The schedule is attached and also can be accessed on line on our website under Resources.
- Fri., May 1: Kindergarten Round-up for incoming new Kinders. NO CLASSES FOR CURRENT KINDERS! Parents can bring their kinder to the classroom they will be attending at 9:45 a.m. and then join other parents in the library until 10:45 a.m. when they can pick up their children and leave!
- Sat. May 2: Parents are invited to the 5:00 p.m. Mass which will be followed by a reception to celebrate Mrs. Martinek’s 40 + years at St. Hugo School. Light appetizers and cake will be served.
- Wed. May 6: Grandparents/Special Persons Day for grades 5-8. Mass and May Crowning at 8:30 a.m. in the church, followed by a short visit to classrooms.
- Thurs. May 7: Grandparents/Special Persons Day for grades K-4. Mass and May Crowning at 8:30 a.m. in the church, followed by a short visit to classrooms.
- NOTE: Parents who are bringing grandparents/special friends should drop their students off (on time) in the regular way then take their guests to church and get them seated so we can start Mass in a timely fashion. Thank you!
- The PTG is looking for nominations for next year’s officers: President-elect, Secretary and Treasurer-elect. Please send names to Laurie MacMichael, email@example.com by May 4.
- Wed. May 13 & Wed. May 20 are the dates for the last clay workshop for this school year. Students come to the art room right after school and get picked up at 5:00 p.m. The fee is $45. Please contact Ms. Bitzinger at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child is interested. Also, the art room could use some baby wipes – thank you!
- Thurs. May 14: Testing at 8 a.m. in the Fr. Esper Room for incoming first graders who did not attend St. Hugo kindergarten.
- Fri. May 15 and Sat. May 16: “Shrek, Jr.” produced by St. Hugo junior high students. Tickets for evening performances will be available soon! Don’t miss this outstanding production!
- Thurs. May 21: Non-uniform day for families who purchased (for $10) this privilege at the Auction. You can still participate by sending your (tax-deductible) $10 check made out to St. Hugo School before May 21.
- Fri. May 22-Mon. May 25: Memorial Weekend, no classes.
- All summer! If you would like an extremely responsible nanny or babysitter contact Claire Roberge at 248-971-3132 or Claireroberge@comcast.net. Claire, a St. Hugo School graduate is 16, finishing her sophomore year at Marian and comes with many references.
CONGRATULATIONS: The following students participated in MSBOA’s Solo & Ensemble Festival and all received excellent & superior ratings along with wonderful comments from judges: Michael Albano, Andrew Bojrab, Ben Delusky, Marissa Ernat, Tommy Frost, K.C. Kennedy, Tyler Pietsch, Christopher VanDieren, and Jonah Venos!
THANK YOU! Your participation in the Box Tops for Education resulted in St. Hugo School receiving a check for $1,094.80! Keep clipping away and send in your box tops!
ENGRAVED BRICK PAVERS are available at this time of the year to honor Graduates, First Communicants, Families, or to honor someone special. The cost is $200. Find the form on our website. Questions? Contact Meghan Zidar at email@example.com.