October 30, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- October 26 – November 6 – Power School shut down
- Tuesday, October 31 – no afternoon bus service, Dismissal: 3:00pm – carpool, 3:10pm – bus/walkers
- Sunday, November 5 – computer recycling, 8:30am-12:00pm, St. Hugo maintenance garage
- Monday, November 6 – deadline to order St. Hugo spirit wear through the online store
- Monday, November 6 computer recycling, 3:00pm-5:30pm, St. Hugo maintenance garage
- Thursday, November 9 – 8th grade parents and students, Confirmation Meeting if you did not attend the meeting on October 26, 7:00pm-8:30pm, Church
- November 7-9 – Scholastic Book Fair, Library
- November 8-9 – Conferences, sign up information to follow
- Friday, November 10 – No School
- Wednesday, November 15 – deadline to donate to Lighhouse of Oakland County, 10:00am
- Friday, November 17 – deadline to order December lunches
- Friday, November 17 – deadline to register for Intramural Basketball, grades K-3
CONFERENCES for parents with students in Grades PreK-6, please use the following SignUp Genius. Parents are asked to conference with their child’s homeroom teacher only. If you need to conference with more than your child’s homeroom teacher, please contact the teacher directly to make arrangements. Parents with students in grades 7 and 8, conferences will be in the gym; no appointment is necessary. Conferences will begin at 4:30pm. Parents will not be permitted to enter the gym after 7:45pm.
COMPUTER AND ELECTRONIC RECYCLING will take place Sunday, November 5 from 8:00am – 12:00pm, and Monday, November 6 from 3:00pm – 5:30pm. Please drop off your computers, printers, and other electronic equipment for recycling in the boxes stationed inside the St. Hugo maintenance garage located between the Ladies of Charity and the carport, behind the church. CRT monitors and TV’s are not accepted due to the mercury gas in them. Wooden speakers are also not accepted. Thanks for helping to make us a “green school”!
BEGINNING THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26 tutoring will be offered by Catholic high school students and our own 7th and 8th grade students. Tutoring will cost a nominal fee of $10 per session and will be held every Thursday that school is in session from 3:30pm – 4:30pm in A1. If your 7th or 8th grade student would like to help tutor or if your student would like to register to come to the tutoring sessions, please contact Mrs. Bartoli, email@example.com. Tutoring is open to grades 2-8. We hope to see you!
THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR volunteer opportunities are here! Click on the following SignUp Genius link for opportunities. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4ca5a72fabfd0-scholastic1
PARENTS OF 7TH AND 8TH GRADE STUDENTS! There are quite a few Catholic High School Open Houses in the coming weeks. Check it out on the following website: http://www.aod.org/schools/schools/choose-catholic-high-schools/high-school-open-houses-and-testing/
GOT CANDY? We will be collecting your extra Halloween candy through Friday, November 3. Donations will go to the Ladies of Charity.
PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING! We are not asking that you support all of these causes but please consider helping in any way you can:
- Again this year, St. Hugo will be assisting Lighthouse of Oakland County provide a Thanksgiving meal for local families in need. Suggested list: Grades Pre-K – 4: boxed stuffing, pie crust mix*, boxed potatoes, muffin mixes, boxed mac and cheese, cake mixes, frosting*, and jello. Grades 5-8: canned yams*, gravy, canned potatoes, canned vegetables, canned fruit, broth, soup, evaporated milk*, pumpkin pie filling, canned cranberries. NO GLASS. Monetary donations and grocery store gift cards are also appreciated and will be used to purchase turkeys and items not received through the food drive. (*tend to run low on these items) Donations will be accepted through Wednesday, November 15 at 10:00am. Additionally, if you are interested in driving the donated items to All Saints Episcopal Church on November 15, please contact Kelly Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your generosity!
- Claire Fanning (St. Hugo ’15, Marian ’19) is accepting donations to put together memory-enhancing kits for Alzheimer patients. Please consider donating: simple word searches with large print, large print crossword puzzles, matching card games, decks of cards, balls with different textures, Hacky Sacks, small stuffed animals, thick writing utensils, large piece jigsaw puzzles. A collection box has been placed in the lobby. Donations will be accepted through October 31. All items should be new.
AUCTION 2018 – We are excited to announce the kick-off of our 2018 auction, “A Night with the Stars!” This year’s event will be held at Orchard Lake Country Club on March 3. We would love to see you there to celebrate our fabulous school together! Our amazing team of auction coordinators are hard at work planning a special night full of food, spirits, fellowship, and fun. If you enjoy planning parties and would like to help out, we would love your input. Please email our auction chair, Kristen Bujoll, email@example.com, if you would like to join our team. This is a wonderful way to support our school while meeting new friends. Remember, many hands make light work! Also, we are in need of a photographer to take candids of our students for some auction art projects. Please contact Mrs. Bujoll if you are interested. If you would like to support our event by donating an item to our auction we would love to hear from you. No item is too big or small and everything is graciously accepted! Items that are always big crowd pleasers include: restaurant gift cards, golf packages, spa gift cards, sporting events/memorabilia, and jewelry. Please contact Shelly Roye, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or if you would like to donate. We are excited to begin accepting donations for this year’s Wine Wall! We look forward to receiving wine soon for pre-planning. Please drop off your wine donation in the front office marked “Auction”. Include your name, address, and phone number for donation purposes. We are looking for $15-$25 per bottle value for this project. Questions? Contact Carolyn Still-Love, email@example.com, or Kelly Thallman, firstname.lastname@example.org. They will also be happy to meet to pick up large quantities. Thank you for your participation and generosity! Our goal is 150 bottles.
BAD MOMS UPDATE The Mom’s Movie Morning has been rescheduled for Tuesday, November 7. Check-in at Emagine Theater begins at 9:30am and the show starts at 10:30am. Each attendee should have received two complimentary movie tickets to be used at any Emagine Theater. Please contact Grace Sesi if you did not receive your complimentary passes. Complimentary mimosas and breakfast will be served prior to the movie: assorted fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, etc. Pop, popcorn, and coffee will also be available during the movie. Complimentary parking vouchers for the structure behind the theater will be provided at the viewing. See you at the movies!
THE HEALTHY FOOD COMMITTEE is looking for volunteers! If you have knowledge or passion for healthier food alternatives for our school, please join us! Contact Tressa Joseph, email@example.com, or Mishel Abdou, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information on how to get involved.