September 5, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, September 5 – bus service begins
- September 5 – 8 – Kindergarten Readiness begins class in the Fr. Esper Room; 8:30am-11:30am
- Wednesday, September 6 – Meet the Faculty Night grades PreK-5, 7:00pm, gym
- September 6-8 – Hearing Screening grades kindergarten, 2nd, and 4th
- Sunday, September 10 – Deadline to order fall spirit wear
- Tuesday, September 12 – Picture day
- Wednesday, September 13 – Winter Sports Registration due
- Thursday, September 14 – Safety Day
- Sunday, September 17 – City of Bloomfield Hills Public Safety Open House, 12:00pm-4:00pm, 45 E. Long Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills
- Friday, September 22 – Alana’s Foundation Flu Vaccination Clinic; 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Saturday, September 23 – Fun Run
- Tuesday, September 26 – Catholic High School Information Night, gym, 6:00pm-8:00pm
JOIN US FOR OUR FIRST Mass of the school year tomorrow, September 6 at 8:30am. A special collection will be taken to benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
SAVE THE DATE!
Sunday, October 1 immediately following the 12:00 pm Mass, join us as we celebrate Sr. Margaret’s retirement! More details to follow.
ST HUGO ANNUAL IRUN4KIDS FUN RUN will be held on Saturday, September 23 from 9:00am-11:00am on the St. Hugo campus. It is a wonderful day of community, friendship, and fun so encourage all your friends to sign up. Besides a run/walk around the beautiful St. Hugo campus we also have tattoo artists, face painting, football toss, DJ Teddy Bear, and a raffle with loads of awesome prizes!
FUN RUN 2017 is partnering with Christ Child House to support and draw attention to their cause. The house is a residential treatment center and currently has 19 boys ages 7-17 living there. Many of the boy suffer the traumatic emotional scars of physical abuse or severe neglect. This house provides services to the boys and they typically stay in care an average of 13 months. Most of the boys in care are wards of the state. We are asking the St. Hugo community to donate some household items that the boys need. There will be a box to drop items off near the front office. If you can, please send in the following items: large bottle of Dove lotion, Speed Stick or Degree deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, socks sizes small to XL, boys underwear sizes small to XL.
- We are looking for health room volunteers. No medical experience necessary. Only one time per month. Hours are 11:30am-1:00pm. Flexible schedule. Exempt from parking lot duty. Contact Mrs. Kati Becker, email@example.com.
- The St. Hugo library is still looking for parent volunteers to help within the library. Parent volunteers assist with the circulation desk, shelving books, book repair, and other special tasks throughout the year. Those who volunteer in the library tend to work either morning or afternoon for 2-3 hours at a time, every other week. If you are interested in volunteering your time in the library, please contact Mrs. Braet, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your availability.
CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION NIGHT Representatives from 16 Catholic high schools will be at St. Hugo of the Hills School in Bloomfield Hills on Tuesday, September 26 from 6 – 8 p.m. This is a great opportunity for middle school students and their parents to find out more about each school’s spiritual, academic, athletic and social programs. High schools who will have admission representatives available are Academy of the Sacred Heart, Austin Catholic, Bishop Foley, Brother Rice, Catholic Central, Everest Collegiate, Ladywood, Loyola, Marian, Mercy, Notre Dame Prep, Orchard Lake St. Mary, Our Lady of the Lakes, Regina, Shrine, St. Catherine of Siena, and U of D Jesuit. Representatives can also discuss the High School Placement Test, the freshman application process, academic scholarships and need-based financial aid offerings. We hope to see you at St. Hugo of the Hills gym on Tuesday, September 26! For students not able to attend the night on September 26, here are some options in this area:
Holy Family – Rochester – Tuesday, October 3 from 6-8 PM,
Our Lady of Refuge – West Bloomfield – Wednesday, October 4 from 5-7 PM,
St. Mary – Royal Oak – Monday, October 9 from 6-8 PM,
Our Lady of Sorrows – Farmington – Wednesday, October 18 from 6:30-8:30 PM