September 11, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, September 12 – Picture day – attire appropriate for Church
- Wednesday, September 13 – Winter Sports Registration due
- Thursday, September 14 – Safety Day
- Thursday, September 14 – Bagel Sale – 7:45am-8:15am, front foyer, $1/bagel, $2/bagel & cream cheese
- Friday, September 15 – Non-uniform day for students who registered for Fun Run by September 14
- Sunday, September 17 – City of Bloomfield Hills Public Safety Open House, 12:00pm-4:00pm, 45 E. Long Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills
- Friday, September 22 – Alana’s Foundation Flu Vaccination Clinic; 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Saturday, September 23 – Fun Run
- Tuesday, September 26 – Catholic High School Information Night, gym, 6:00pm-8:00pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO Riley Smith! Riley was the winner of last week’s T.R.A.C.K. (Thoughtful Random Act of Character and Kindness). Riley was nominated by Mr. Vincler for taking initiative on the playground. For being chosen, Riley led the school in prayer this morning. Keep up the good work, Riley!
PARKING LOT DUTY this week is as follows: 9/11 – Sesi, Sudomir, Kalil, 9/12 – Mekani, Manni, Pawczuk, 9/13 – Mekani, Sopuch, Sesi, 9/14 – Mekani, Monahan, Devanney, 9/15 – Sullivan, Priebe, Kalil.
FUN RUN UPDATE
- Fun Run will be held on Saturday, September 23 from 9:00am-11:00am, rain or shine! If registered by September 14, students will enjoy a non-uniform day on Friday, September 15.
- The first 500 to register are guaranteed a Fun Run 2017 t-shirt.
- Students may wear the light blue Fun Run 2017 t-shirt to school on Monday, September 25. Please note that Fun Run t-shirts from previous years cannot be worn.
- The Fun Run Committee is looking for some volunteers. Please click on the SignUp Genius link to check out ways you can help: iRun4Kids 5K & Family Fun Run/Walk
- Fun Run 2017 is partnering with Christ Child House to support and draw attention to their cause. The house is a residential treatment center and currently has 19 boys ages 7-17 living there. Many of the boy suffer the traumatic emotional scars of physical abuse or severe neglect. This house provides services to the boys and they typically stay in care an average of 13 months. Most of the boys in care are wards of the state. We are asking the St. Hugo community to donate some household items that the boys need. There will be a box to drop items off near the front office. If you can, please send in the following items: large bottle of Dove lotion, Speed Stick or Degree deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, socks sizes small to XL, boys underwear sizes small to XL.
ART ROOM WISH LIST The art room is in need of baby wipes, shoe boxes, and newspaper. We are also looking for volunteers to help wash a load of art smocks throughout the year. Many thanks in advance for your support!
CLAY CLASS Is your child interested in working more with clay? Ms. Bitzinger will again offer 2-day after school clay classes from 3:40pm-4:45pm. Open to children in grades 1-8. Kinders may attend if an older sibling has also signed up. Cost is $45. Class dates: October 5 & 12, November 6 & 13, January 11 & 18, February 26 & March 5, April 12 & 19. Students will learn hand building techniques with clay as they sculpt their unique project. On the second day, your child will glaze the piece. If interested, please contact Ms. Bitzinger, email@example.com, with your child’s name, a parent name and the best contact number. Students will be registered upon payment of check made payable to Anna Bitzinger. Students are encouraged to bring a snack to have before class begins. Parents will pick up their child from the art room door outside in the lower courtyard. A confirmation email will be sent with more information prior to the class.
CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION NIGHT Representatives from 16 Catholic high schools will be at St. Hugo of the Hills School in Bloomfield Hills on Tuesday, September 26 from 6 – 8 p.m. This is a great opportunity for middle school students and their parents to find out more about each school’s spiritual, academic, athletic and social programs. High schools who will have admission representatives available are Academy of the Sacred Heart, Austin Catholic, Bishop Foley, Brother Rice, Catholic Central, Everest Collegiate, Ladywood, Loyola, Marian, Mercy, Notre Dame Prep, Orchard Lake St. Mary, Our Lady of the Lakes, Regina, Shrine, St. Catherine of Siena, and U of D Jesuit. Representatives can also discuss the High School Placement Test, the freshman application process, academic scholarships and need-based financial aid offerings. We hope to see you at St. Hugo of the Hills gym on Tuesday, September 26! For students not able to attend the night on September 26, here are some options in this area:
Holy Family – Rochester – Tuesday, October 3 from 6-8 PM,
Our Lady of Refuge – West Bloomfield – Wednesday, October 4 from 5-7 PM,
St. Mary – Royal Oak – Monday, October 9 from 6-8 PM,
Our Lady of Sorrows – Farmington – Wednesday, October 18 from 6:30-8:30 PM