MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, November 24 – All-school mass. Please bring $1 or more to help the Ladies of Charity fill Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets.
- November 25–27 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 1-8 – Ladies of Charity Christmas Basket drive – see details below
- Wednesday, December 16 – Christmas Pageant, 1:30pm/Band Concert, 7:00pm
- Friday, December 18 – deadline to order lunches for January
- Thursday, January 14 – Kindergarten Information Night, 7pm – Library
ROAD REPAIR ALERT! Road repair will begin shortly after Thanksgiving on Hickory Grove Road between Opdyke and Woodward. Travel will be reduced to one lane. Road repair will last approximately 3 days. Alternate travel route is suggested. We will provide updates as we receive them.
DEADLINE TO DONATE gently used books is Tuesday, November 24. Project Team will sort and deliver your donations to our sister school, Holy Redeemer.
WE ARE THANKFUL FOR . . .
- The Teacher Appreciation Committee for hosting a lovely lasagna lunch. The tables were set beautifully, the food was delicious, and the Chinese Raffle prizes were awesome. Thanks to the many cooks, bakers, helpers, and donators. We are thankful for such a wonderful treat!
- All those who responded to our kindergarten/1st grade survey. A response by December 1 would be appreciated as we need to begin planning for the 2016-2017 school year.
- New, Mrs. Naman, and Mrs. Discenna for transporting our food donations to Lighthouse.
- All of the wonderful Mom2Mom volunteers: Mark Audette, Amy Monroe, Karen Karrick, Kyle Huber, Rebecca Rudnick, Meghan Zidar, Alison Mayette, Aubree Thomasian, Elisa Palizzi, Laurie MacMichael, Andrea Brzustewicz, Joe Carroll, Pay Mayette, Mary Ellen Blaszczak, Maggie Huber, Riley Williams, Angelica Fandino, Nicholas Hogan, Christina Golusin, Sam Karrick, Conner Monroe, Vincent Gojcaj, Collin Mayette, Ben Carroll, and the St. Hugo maintenance crew. Sales continue to grow because of all of your support!
- All those who donated Halloween costumes. As part of a service project headed by Girls on the Run and Kindergarten, all the costumes were donate to students at Alcott Elementary in Pontiac who are not able to buy costumes each Halloween. Thanks for your help with this worthy project!
LADIES OF CHARITY CHRISTMAS BASKET DRIVE will begin Tuesday, December 1 and run through Tuesday, December 8. The Ladies of Charity will be preparing Christmas baskets for over 200 needy families. St. Hugo students and their families have always been supportive and generous. Once again we are asking you to help by bringing in new, unwrapped books, toys, games, teen items, and sports items. Please do not send in items until the week of December 1 as there is limited space in the classrooms!
K- Grade 2: cars, trucks, blocks, craft kits, dolls, small train sets, etc.
Grades 3-5: building toys, Legos, Lincoln logs, craft kits, building sets, etc.
Grade 6: new books and board games
Grades 7-8: new, unused teen items such as make-up kits, sports items, hand-held games, jewelry, purses, etc.
NOTE: At the all-school Thanksgiving mass on Tuesday, November 24 we will take up a collection for the Ladies of Charity to help with their Thanksgiving and Christmas projects. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity!
SANTA SHOPPE is coming to St. Hugo December 1-3. The St. Hugo library will be transformed into a special Christmas store for students to come and do their Christmas shopping. To volunteer for this festive fundraiser go to http://bitlg.com/f15uv. For more information or questions please contact Jennifer Nykerk, email@example.com or 248-470-6251. Thank you for your support!
CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS ON THE RUN! Their 5K on Belle Isle was canceled on Sunday due to weather, but more importantly they learned a lot about feeling healthy, inspired, empowered, as well as being a good friend. Congratulations to: Isabella Denipoti, Ava Dietz, Christianna Fakhouri, Kayla Hakim, Erin Mayette, Blythe Nittis, Mia Palizzi,Ashley Priebe, Charlotte Quaine, Claire Ruschak, Maggie Scott, and Kate VanNorwick. Thank you to our wonderful coaches; Miss Fleischer, Miss Cowper, Miss Bartoli, and Mrs. Bartoli. Way to go girls!
ALL ST. HUGO LADIES are invited to share in our Christmas blessings and friendship at the St. Hugo Altar Guild Christmas Brunch on Tuesday, December 15 from 10:00am until noon in the Parish Hall. A lovely brunch, dessert, and beverage will be served. The guest speaker, Jack Krasula, will be presenting “A Spare Tire vs. The Steering Wheel”. Please bring a new, wrapped Christmas ornament to exchange and bring a friend to join us!
THE NEXT ST. HUGO SCRIP ORDER is due Tuesday, December 1. Order by 10:00am and pick up in the school office on Friday afternoon, December 4. Order online at www.shopwithscrip.com. Your login is your email address and it can email your password. Make your check payable to St. Hugo PTG with “SCRIP” in the memo line and send it to the front office, attention SCRIP, no later than December 2 or pay with Prestopay (debit from your bank account). Special SCRIP bonuses on Thanksgiving! Get ready for the busiest shopping season of the year with the return of our bonus bonanza: Thank-Scrip-ing Day is back on November 26. Don’t miss 24 hours of awesome ScripNow, Reload, and ReloadNow bonuses from dozens of your favorite retailers. As always, our list of retailers is TOP SECRET – you will have to wait until the promotion begins to find out who is participating. To join the fun, you just need a ShopWithScrip account, and you must be able to login to place online orders.
ALL FOOD MUST be consumed in the cafeteria! Do not take food outside.
WITH SNOW ON THE GROUND boots must be worn to and from school as well as at recess. Students in grades K-5 must wear snow pants at recess. Please be sure your family name is on all of your winter weather gear.
DID YOU KNOW that your Kroger Reward card must be rededicated each year? Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards to make sure your Kroger Rewards go to St. Hugo!
A NEW ST. HUGO FUNDRAISER! The Archdiocese of Detroit has created an official Catholic Schools Week t-shirt. The t-shirt will be sold for $10 with a $2 donation to St. Hugo and $2 the St. Vincent DePaul Society. Students who wear this t-shirt on Friday, February 12 (the last day of school before Winter Break) can also wear jeans. A picture of the t-shirt and a downloadable order form is on the St. Hugo website. Order forms for the t-shirt must be turned in no later than January 8. T-shirts will be delivered by Wednesday, January 27. A great way to support St. Hugo and St. Vincent DePaul!
The Mission of St. Hugo of the Hills School is to provide students with an educational experience in which the teachings of the Catholic faith are instilled, nurtured, and demonstrated. These teachings constitute an integral part of the school’s academic program and the St. Hugo community. Strengthened by the values inherent in these teachings, students and staff are challenge to live with the conviction that,
as followers of Jesus, it must be different with us.