MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Monday, November 9 – Dinner Fundraising at California Pizza Kitchen – see attached
- November 9 – 13 – Scholastic Book Fair – St. Hugo Library
- Thursday, November 12 – Evening Conferences
- Friday, November 13 – Conferences for all grades; no classes
- Friday, November 13 – Deadline to register for St. Hugo intramural basketball
- Friday, November 13 – St. Hugo’s Red Wings Night
- Saturday, November 14 – St. Hugo’s Mom to Mom Sale – 8:30am-12:30pm
TRUNK OR TREAT was a huge success with over 600 people in attendance. We had incredible costumes, show stopping car decorating and lots and lots of candy! We would like to thank the wonderful committee: Suzanne Tosto, Eileen Sacca, Cherly and Giovanny Abarca, Barbara Bojan, Aubree Thomasian, Yasmine Najor, Mellisa and Kyle Williams, Tracey and Larry Jacob, Lauren Oriani, Raquel Orow, Karla and Neb Mekani, Natalie Guerra, Sara and Michael Jandowski, Inam Denha, Amanda Avelo-Malina, and Kathy Kowalewski. Incredible people like these make our school outstanding.
LOST AND FOUND, located in the cafeteria, is overflowing. Please take a look for any missing items. Anything not claimed by Friday, November 6 will be donated to Ladies of Charity.
MRS. WYGANT has openings for piano students for the following grades: A4 – Monday and Wednesday at 10:30am during gym, B1 – Thursday at 1:45 during gym, B3 – Tuesday at 1:45 during gym, and 3rd grade – Tuesday at 12:30 during recess. If interested, please contact Mrs. Wygant at 248-838-8248.
IMPORTANT PARKING LOT REMINDERS. We cannot stress the importance of our community working together when it comes to following our parking lot rules. By working together we keep our students, faculty, and our volunteers safe.
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – WHEN YOU SIGN IN FOR PARKING LOT DUTY PLEASE USE A REFLECTIVE VEST. By increasing the visibility of our parking lot volunteers it will be easier to follow their instructions.
- All vehicles should be following the traffic pattern to drop their student off in the morning. If your student has a lot to carry in to school they should be dropped off in the carpool line, park your vehicle, and carry the remaining items to your student.
- Adhere to the direction of the volunteers. Our goal is to fill the drop off area with as many cars as possible to avoid a traffic back up on Opdyke.
- When you are on parking lot duty we ask that you spread out along the carpool line, actively assist students exiting their vehicles, and assist in directing traffic in a safe and efficient manner.
- Pay close attention to the stop sign at the front of the drop off area. Our maintenance team assists with this important role and they understand the pattern of the buses and how much time is needed for the carpool line to be stopped to allow for safe bus crossing.
- Do not drop students off on Hickory Grove Road.
- The circle drive on Hickory Grove Road should only be used when picking up a sick student, picking up a student with a mid-day appointment, picking up/dropping off a ½ day kindergartner/junior kindergartener, or dropping off a student arriving late (past 8:15am). All volunteers, including parents coming to fulfill a lunch duty obligation, should be parking in the back lot.
THE TEACHER APPRECIATION COMMITTEE is still accepting donations for the November luncheon. Donations can be dropped off in the front office by November 12. Contact Rochelle Denipoti with questions.
“THANK YOU to the St. Hugo community for supporting us so fully for our mission trip to the Dominican Republic. We were able to take 8 suitcases filled with school supplies, team uniforms, sports equipment, and medications. The mission was so grateful for all our contributions. We are truly blessed and learned firsthand how we can really make a difference in someone’s life. Thank you for contributing in any way you could, all was appreciated. Sincerely, Ella Quaine and Cate Zidar”
CHECK OUT the new photos in the front office! They are available to purchase at $15 each. Order forms are available in the front office.
ALTAR SERVING There is a mandatory training session for students in grades 5-8 that are interested in being altar servers and for 4th graders interested in serving at school masses. The meeting will be from 10:00am-11:00am in the Church on Saturday, November 7. Please contact Mason Brown at email@example.com or 248-644-5460.