MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, May 10 – Healing Mass
- Friday, May 13 & Saturday, May 14 – High Musical, The Lion King, Jr, performance time 7:00pm
- Monday, May 23 – deadline to order lunches for June
- Friday, May 27 – deadline to register for fall sports
- Thursday, June 9 – half day, dismissal 12:15pm
- Friday, June 10 – NO SCHOOL
- Our raffle winners! Kelly Denha is the 3rd prize winner of $1,000; Mrs. Phyllis Tresh is the 2nd prize winner of $3,000; and Mr. Scott Reid is the 1st prize winner of $5,000. Thank you to all that supported our school by purchasing, selling tickets, or making a $300 donation.
- Our April Students of the Month: kindergarten – Rocco Oriani, 1st grade – Sofia Mushovic, 2nd grade – Bella Turner, 3rd grade – Patrick Jazrawi, 4th grade – Brendan Marsh, 5th grade – Angelica Manni, 6th grade – Ana Louisa Montiero, 7th grade – Marylin Kowalewski, 8th grade – Tyler Pietsch. Band Students of the Month – Riley Smith and Evan Wells. Art Students of the Month – Grace Pallisco and Ana Louisa Montiero.
- Our 4th grade students who placed first in Division 5 of the Catholic Math League! Our 4th grade will be recognized with a plaque that will read: 2015-2016 Catholic Math League, Math 4 Championship, Division 5, First Place, St. Hugo of the Hills. Special recognition is being awarded to Joseph Joulakh (1st place – St. Hugo, 3rd place – Division 5), Maggie Scott (2nd place – St. Hugo, 4th place Division 5), and Rohan Turner (3rd place – St. Hugo). Congratulations 4th grade!
- Jack Higgins who designed this year’s Field Day T-shirt!
THANK YOU TO ALL that helped make the Special Person’s Mass a wonderful morning for all! The Room Moms for coordinating the volunteers and donations, all that donated water and napkins, Cindy Hermann, Pam Fatur, Patty Roberge, Kati Becker, Meghan Zidar, Julie Torok, Gina Thomas, Yasmine Najor, Andrea Mychalowych, Nikki New, Ann Lazar, Laura Klein, Lisa Seneker, and Laurie MacMichael.
FATHER’S DAY is right around the corner. Consider giving your favorite Viking dad a gift of St. Hugo Spirit Wear. Shopping is easy – go to schoolcrush.com and enter our school code: STHUGO. Another easy way to support our school!
THE LAST CLAY CLASS offered for this year will be Wednesday, May 18 and May 25 beginning at 3:30pm-5:00pm. If your child is interested, please send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45 or email Ms. Bitzinger at email@example.com.
LAST CHANCE to order office pictures! The deadline is May 20. Order forms are available in the front office.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 11 – grades 7, 8, 3, 6, 1, and 4 will see the Junior High’s production of Disney’s The Lion King, Jr. Students donating $1 can enjoy the show in appropriate non-uniform attire. Proceeds will offset the expense of the show.
THURSDAY, MAY 12 – grades 7, 8, 2, 5, and kinders will see the Junior High’s production of Disney’s The Lion King, Jr. Students donating $1 can enjoy the show in appropriate non-uniform attire. Proceeds will offset the expense of the show.
The Mission of St. Hugo of the Hills School is to provide students with an educational experience in which the teachings of the Catholic faith are instilled, nurtured, and demonstrated. These teachings constitute an integral part of the school’s academic program and the St. Hugo community. Strengthened by the values inherent in these teachings, students and staff are challenge to live with the conviction that,
as followers of Jesus, it must be different with us.