- We are sorry to announce to you the death of Dr. Dan Pieper, the husband of Donna, father of Michelle, a St. Hugo fifth grader, and of four other children who attended our school. Because so many families and members of the faculty wish to attend his funeral, school will not be in session Fri, May 8. Please keep the Pieper family in your prayers.
- All raffle tickets must be turned in by Thursday, May 7, for the drawing on Fri, May 8! The drawing will be at 2:20 p.m. as teachers and staff will be at school to work that afternoon. The $5000, $3000, $1000 winners will be notified at that time! Be sure to turn in your stubs or, if you prefer, make a $300 donation to St. Hugo School.
- Remember: Buses have the right-of-way in the parking lot!
- Designer Needed: Calling all creative students! We are looking for a student design for Field Day 2015 t-shirts. All designs must be in black (marker preferred) on white paper. No design can be larger than 8 ½ by 11. The words: St. Hugo, field day, and 2015 must be included in your design, but the rest is up to you and your creativity! DESIGNS MUST BE IN THE OFFICE BY FRIDAY, MAY 8. Good luck!
- SIXTH GRADE BAKE SALE last week netted $504.00. Thank you to all who participated; the money will be sent to help South Sudan.
- Props needed for Shrek, Jr: Check your basement and attic for old vintage suitcases and/or feather boas in yellow, blue, green, red or orange!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- May 6: Grandparent/Special Persons Day for grades 5-8.
- May 7: Grandparent/Special Persons Day for grades K-4.
NOTE: Parents who are bringing the guests should drop their students off (on time) in the regular way and then take the grandparents/friends to church and get them seated as we can start the 8:30 a.m. Mass in a timely fashion. There will be greeters to help seat guests in the proper sections.Two golf carts will be available to assist getting our guests into church and over to school.
- May 8 at 6:30 p.m. Bring your family/friends on a short pilgrimage in honor of our Blessed Mother. The group will begin the Rosary while walking in the “Rosary Garden” and visiting the other Marian sites. RSVP to Toni Najor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:00 a.m. Fri. May 8 – 8:00 a.m. Mon. May 11 COMPUTER, PRINTER AND OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT RECYCLING WILL TAKE PLACE. Bring your items to the boxes inside the Maintenance Garage. (No TVs please!) Thanks for helping to make us a “green school!”
- May 13 and Thurs. May 14 there will be a special collection at the students’ masses to help our Christian brothers and sisters in Iraq who are in dire need of food, clothing and medication. Please give your students $1 to put in the basket NEXT WEEK.
- May 14: Mercy High School alumnae are invited to attend the 15th annual Mercy Morning in the school library at 7:30 a.m. RSVP Mary Jo Balcer, 248-642-6131 or email@example.com All Mercy Alumna are invited!