IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Monday, June 1: Last Scrip Order of the year is due by 10 a.m. for pickup on Friday, June 5. Scrip gift cards are wonderful gifts for graduates, coaches, teachers, Father’s Day, etc. Order Dennis Uniform cards for summer uniform shopping. There are limited time bonus rebates for AMC, Bass Pro Shops, and Cabelas. Order online at www.shopwithscrip.com.
- Wednesday, June 3: Eighth Grade Graduation, 7 p.m., St. Hugo Church. Congratulations to the Class of 2015! All the best as you start this new chapter in your lives.
- Friday, June 5: Second Annual Field Day! Students come to school in their special grade level t-shirts w/athletic shorts or other appropriate length shorts or sweats. Students will be served a grilled lunch and dismissal will be at 1 p.m. There will be latchkey and bus service that afternoon.
- Tuesday, June 9: Used book and uniform sale from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. To help w/set-up on June 8 from 2 to 3:15 or work at the sale, please contact Megan Zidar, firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie MacMichael, email@example.com. Remember, only girls’ skirts/jumpers and shirts and blouses in very good condition will be sold. Also, sweat outfits in good condition may be donated.
- Friday, June 12: Eighth grade party at Orchard Lake Country Club open to all graduates from noon to 4 p.m. The cost is $30. (Rain day is Sunday, June 14.) Contact Cathy Gregory with questions.
- Beginning Friday, June12 “How to Take a High School Placement Test” will be offered from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. on June 12 and 15 and until 10:00 a.m. on June 16-19. This is the perfect time to prepare for the HSPT and the class will be taught by Mrs. Budiongan and Mrs. Kurn. Contact Mrs. Kurn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration information or if you have questions.
- NOTE: A supplemental Algebra I class will be offered by Mrs. Carol Leahy again this summer. The purpose of this class is to provide students who will NOT be taking Algebra I in the ninth grade which includes students attending Notre Dame Prep and those who have placed into Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II or Honors Geometry at other local high schools. Mrs. Leahy will offer two 5 session classes, Monday June 15- Friday June 19, or Monday June 22 – Friday June 26, from 9:30 until noon. Please see the information sent through PowerSchool or contact Mrs. Leahy at 248-642-6131 or email@example.com Thank you!
- Fun Run 2015: Mark your calendars for the 3rd Annual Fun Run, Sept. 19 from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Plan to come and invite family and friends for a fun-filled morning of racing and school spirit all for a good cause – proceeds will help buy new computers for classrooms, our library and the office for the 2015-2016 school year. Registration information will be forthcoming. Sponsorships will be available; please contact Eileen Sacca at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a corporate or personal sponsorship. Thank you!
- Wednesday, June 24 evening through noon June 26 is the 46th annual St. Hugo Rummage Sale! This project benefits St. Hugo School and many charities. Donations may be dropped off from Fri. June 19 through noon, June 23. See the Altar Guild website, www.sthugo.org/altar-guild for details on how you might SAVE, DONATE, VOLUNTEER and SHOP! Especially needed is help during Set-up and Donation time beginning Friday, June 19 through the sale and clean-up ending Friday, June 26. Those with expertise in set-up, pricing, and sales are especially needed as well as men and high school age boys. Adult volunteers are asked to contact Ann Pohl, email@example.com and high school student volunteers to get service hours should contact Maryann Cromwell at firstname.lastname@example.org NOTE: VOLUNTEERS WHO WORK AT LEAST 4 HOURS MAY SHOP AT THE WORKER SALE ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON!
- Friday, August 21, 7 – 10 p.m. all current 7th graders (by then 8th graders!) are invited to a Swimming, Pizza and S’mores Party at the Klein home. Bring a swimsuit and towel as well as a change of clothes. Parents are always welcome to drop in or to stay! Please send in a check for $30 payable to St. Hugo School; please put “Bonfire” in the memo line. This party is hosted by the DePorre, Klein, Mancini, Andre & Wenzel families.
MORE CONGRATULATIONS are in order!
- Since our last bulletin was printed we heard that Julia Barto is the recipient of an Academic Scholarship at Marian High School!
- Sarah Panone, a2011 graduate of St. Hugo School, was named co-valedictorian of the Academy of the Sacred Heart for 2015.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
- Kroger sent a check for $544.47 which represents 74 households who used the Kroger Community Rewards Program during this 4th quarter. Visit www.krogercommunityrewards.com to get on board!
- OOPS! We neglected to thank Anita and Joe Petrosky for their service as PTG Secretaries! We are grateful for all their help this past year.
- Football players needed! Only 8 have signed up for Varsity and 14 for JV football. A minimum of 20 players is needed to field each team! Varsity boys’ soccer needs more players and we also need a cheer coach! Please send in your Fall Sports Forms no later than Friday, May 29. Thank you!
LITURGY OF THE WORD WITH CHILDREN is celebrated during the 10 a.m. Mass most Sundays, October to May, for children ages 4 through grade 1. Parents of children in this age group are needed to volunteer as leaders for 2015-2016. If you are interested, please contact the Religious Education Office, 248-642-6062, and ask for Angela or Bridget. Your help is needed and will be much appreciated in this important ministry.