Parent Bulletin | May 18,2015
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Tuesday, May 19: Spring Concert & Music Awards Ceremony at 7:00 p.m. followed by an Ice Cream Social!
- Thursday, May 21: NON-UNIFORM DAY for families who purchased this privilege at the Auction for $10 per family.
- Thursday, May 21: Annual Bazaar! Eighth graders put on this fun event for all the students. Tickets, 25 cents each or 5 for $1 will be sold in the classrooms before children go down to the gym. No child should have more than $5 because of the limited time they have at the bazaar.
- Friday, May 22 – through Tuesday, May 26: Nice long Memorial Day Weekend – be safe and enjoy, and thank Fr. Tony for the extra day off as he celebrates 50 years as a priest and 30 years as pastor of St. Hugo Parish!
- Wednesday, May 27: Last eighth grade Mass at 8:30 a.m. honoring parents whose last child is graduating this year. Immediately following will be a reception for those parents to thank them for the many years of support to our school. You will all be missed!
- Wednesday, May 27: Br. Rice Athletics Rummage Sale from 3:30 – 9:00 p.m. at the Br. Rice gym. Gently used athletic equipment is featured. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Tuesday, June 9: Used book and uniform sale from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. If you could help with the set-up on June 8 from 2 to 3:15 or work at the sale from either 7:30-9:30 or 9:00 – 11, please contact Meghan Zidar, firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie MacMichael, email@example.com. Remember, only girls skirts/jumpers and shirts and blouses in very gently used condition will be sold. Also, if you have sweat outfits in very good condition that you’d like to donate, you may do so.
- Friday, June 12: Eighth grade party at Orchard Lake Country Club open to all graduates from noon to 4 p.m. The cost is $30. (Rain day is Sunday, June 14.) Contact Cathy Gregory with questions.
- Beginning Friday, June12 “How to Take a High School Placement Test” will be offered from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. on June 12 and 15 and until 10:00 a.m. on June 16-19. This is the perfect time to prepare for the HSPT and will be taught by Mrs. Budiongan and Mrs. Kurn. Contact Mrs. Kurn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration information or if you have questions.
- NOTE: A supplemental Algebra I class will be offered by Mrs. Carol Leahy again this summer. The purpose of this class is to provide students who will NOT be taking Algebra I in the ninth grade which includes students attending Notre Dame Prep and those who have placed into Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II or Honors Geometry at other local high schools. Mrs. Leahy will offer two 5 session classes, Monday June 15- Friday June 19, or Monday June 22 – Friday June 26, from 9:30 until noon. Please see the information sent through PowerSchool or contact Mrs. Leahy at 248-642-6131 or email@example.com Thank you!
- Fun Run 2015: Mark your calendars for the 3rd Annual Fun Run, Sept. 19 from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Plan to come and invite family and friends for a fun-filled morning of racing and school spirit all for a good cause – proceeds will help buy new computers for classrooms, our library and the office for the 2015-2016 school year. Registration information will be forthcoming. Sponsorships will be available; please contact Eileen Sacca at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a corporate or personal sponsorship. Thank you!
- Oops! In announcing the Raffle Winners, we neglected to thank our Raffle Chairs – Carolynn Krause and Patty Roberge who once again did a fine job coordinating this important project. We are indeed grateful!
CONGRATULATIONS! We are proud to announce:
Anika Fassett is the recipient of the Courtney Johns ’96 Memorial Scholarship for Marian High School’s Class of 2019.
Claire Fanning is the recipient of Marian High School’s Margaret T. McMahon English Scholarship for the 2015-16 school year which is awarded to only one incoming freshman.
Jonny Browne is the new CYO Champion in the men’s 100 meter dash.
KC Kennedy is the CYO Champion in the women’s 800 meter dash.