Parent Bulletin | May 11,2015
May 11, 2015
Please mark your calendars:
- ALL THIS WEEK: Because the cafeteria is closed all week, students must bring their lunches to school. They will eat in the classrooms and milk/juice will be sold. NOTE: Because there are many children with peanut/tree nut allergies, do not send a lunch containing any nut products!
ALSO: Please do not send any food that needs warming or a microwave. However, a box lunch will be available to those who ordered lunch this week. They will also have a few extra if your child forgot his/her lunch.
- ADS FOR “SHREK, JR.” must be in no later than Tuesday, May 12, in order to be in the Program. Please use the form attached to this bulletin.
- COLD WEATHER CLOTHING on the shelves in the cafeteria will be sent over to The Ladies of Charity Tuesday, May 12. There are snow pants, boots, gloves, etc. None of these items are labeled so we cannot return them to the rightful owners!
- RESERVED SEAT TICKET ORDERS for “Shrek, Jr.” must be in no later than Wednesday, May 13. Bleacher seats will still be available at the door. Be sure you note which performance you want tickets for, Friday or Saturday evening at 7 p.m.
- CLAY WORKSHOP, the last one this year, will be this Wed. May 13 & Wed. May 20 after school until 5:00 p.m. To register, contact email@example.com.
- FIRST GRADE TESTING for incoming First Graders who did not attend St. Hugo Kindergarten will be this Thursday, May 14, at 8:00 a.m. in the Fr. Esper Room. Parents will meet in the teachers’ lounge while the students are being tested.
- FRIDAY, May 15, is the last day to order Office Pictures. The form is on-line or you can pick one up in the office. The cost is $15 per picture.
- TUESDAY, May 19, is the annual Band and Vocal Vikings Concert at 7 p.m. in the gym. Come and enjoy a beautiful evening of music performed by our outstanding music students.
- THURSDAY, May 21, is a non-uniform day for families who purchased (for $10) this privilege at the Auction. You can still participate by sending in your $10 before May 21.
- REALLY LONG MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! Thanks to Father Tony, in celebration of his 50th anniversary as a priest and 30th anniversary as our pastor, we now have a five day Memorial Weekend – no school on Friday, May 22 and on Tuesday, May 26!! Enjoy a safe, happy weekend (and be sure to thank Fr. Tony!
Congratulations to our Raffle Winners! Names were drawn Friday afternoon and the winners:
- First Prize: The Mayette Family
- Second Prize: The Higgins Family
- Third Prize: The MacMichael Family
Congratulations to our new PTG Officers: President – elect are Patrick and Allison Mayette; Treasurer-elect are Brian and Nikki New; Secretary are Matt and Heather Koziarz. They will join President Laurie and Mike MacMichael and Treasurer Mike and Michelle DesMarais on the 2015-2016 board.
Congratulations to our April Students of the Month!
- Grade Level Students are: Junior K – Andrew Nunning; Kinder – Angelina Yaksich; Gr. 1 – Spencer Seneker; Gr. 2 – Mia Palizzi; Gr. 3 – Andrew Najor; Gr. 4 – David Joseph; Gr. 5 – Ana Luisa Montiero; Gr. 6 – Jack Dickson; Gr. 7 – Caitlin Drouse; Gr. 8 – Aiden Roberts
- Music Students are: Gr. 1 – Bennett Boyle; Gr. 2 – Suzanne MacMichael; Gr. 3 – Abigail Hannan; Gr. 4 – Paul Frost; Gr. 5 – Anya Keena; Gr. 6 – Danny MacLean; Grades 7 & 8 – Rowland Scheessele; Vocal Vikings – Nicole Grace
- Art Students are: Gr. K – Gino DelPup; Gr. 1 – Owen Zidar; Gr. 2 – Hannah Koziarz; Gr. 3 – Vittoria Berrino; Gr. 4 – Connor Pietsch; Gr. 5 – Charlotte Mustion; Gr. 6 – Gillian Donoghue; Gr. 7 – Maria Reid; Gr. 8 – Julia Naman
Concussion Protocol: The law states that if your child has suffered a concussion, it is imperative that you provide a written note from your doctor with pertinent instructions. Once he/she has been cleared, another written note from the doctor is necessary.
Summer Nanny Available: Caroline Bland, a graduate of Mercy High School, is available as a summer babysitter/nanny and she has a car! Contact Mrs. Nagel for a reference. Caroline can be reached at 248-321-3022.