CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU to our Auction Chairs, Kim Petrucci, Susan Roberts, Karla Mekani and Sarah Jankowski for a fabulous and very successful evening celebrating “St. Hugo School 75 Years Strong!” Many others also contributed and our heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who supported, worked, donated, came, and bought items!
AUCTION ITEMS SPECIAL SALE
- A fabulous donation from Orchard Lake St. Mary’s, valued at $230, may be had for the bargain price of $75. It includes an Under Armour backpack, Camelback water bottle, etc.
- A wonderful donation from Birmingham Martial Arts, including a $200 gift certificate, may be yours for a bargain price of $50.
- Get Fit package: 1 month membership to Lifetime Fitness, 4 personal training sessions w/Joe Ferrick, 1 hr. massage, Garmin Vivo Fit watch, Golf & Tennis membership, etc. Value is $1,050 – Yours for bargain price of $250!
RESUMES are still being accepted by Sister Margaret for the Office Manager position for 2015-2016.
OPEN HOUSE yesterday was a great success with many new families joining our current families to see and hear all the Art and Music, classroom projects, Science Exchange exhibits, etc. Many thanks to our teachers and staff for their warm hospitality! Parents who have Open House yard signs, please remove them and bring them back to school. Thank you!
SAVE THE EVENING OF MARCH 26 for a musical presentation, “Made in Detroit” by our sixth graders at 7 p.m. Because of this event any group planning on using the cafeteria after school and that evening should make other arrangements.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR STUDENTS OF THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY!
Grade level winners: JK – Amy Hyde; K – August Boudreau; 1 – Owen Zidar; 2 – Cameron Costello; 3 – Nathan Kalil; 4 – Joseph Bruck; 5 – Lily Higgins; 6 – Lizzy Carter; 7 – Kevin Giniel; 8 – Trevor Tosto.
Art Students: K – Nino Cerroni; 1 – Bella Turner; 2 – Addie Mikel; 3 – Ava Dietz; 4- Izzy Rex; 5 – Lily Higgins; 6 – Jack Nelson; 7 – Nicholas Hogan; 8 – Madison Dowd.
Music/Glee Students: 1 – Hannah Sackman; 2 – Ashley Ramos; 3 – Kaylie Aziz; 4 – Mia Mojares; 5 – Maria Guillen-Mendez; 6 – Max Petrosky; 7 & 8 – Ben Deluskey, band, and Claire Spender, Glee!
ART DEPARTMENT would like to extend a heARTful “Thank you” to Mary Wenzel, Tracey Jacob, Megan Zidar and Susan Larimer for their help in hanging Art for Open House. The school looks spectacular!
- The next Clay Workshop is Wed. March 18 and March 25 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. The fee is $45. If your child is interested, please contact email@example.com.
- The Art room could use some baby wipes, and is grateful for any donation!
KUDOS TO THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT! Thank you to Mr. Pacifico, all our musicians, and the parent volunteers who were instrumental in the wonderful performances at Open House. Our Music and our Art departments are second to none! Remember no after school rehearsals this week and next.
ANNUAL BOOK EXCHANGE will be March 18. Students in JK-6 are asked to bring 2 age appropriate books, 1 to trade and 1 for Holy Redeemer. Grades 7&8 will just bring 1 age appropriate book to send to Holy Redeemer. More information will be forthcoming!