Parent Bulletin | March 30, 2015
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Tuesday, March 31 – Registration forms & fees due. Drawing for $500 will be at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday! Get your forms in!
- Wednesday, April 1 – Pjammin Day! For a donation of $1 to American Childhood Cancer Organization students have the privilege of wearing: Jammies in grades K-2 and sweats or jeans in gr. 3-8. Thank you for your support of this organization!
- PE Uniforms will be coming home on Wednesday for washing over Easter break. Make sure that they are returned on Monday, April 13.
- RE-ENROLL for Kroger Community Rewards between April 1 – May 1. See directions on the other side of this bulletin.
- Holy Thursday, April 2 – No classes; Mass at 7 p.m. Remember to bring bells!
- Good Friday, April 3 – Stations of the Cross at noon, followed by liturgy
- Easter Masses – 8 p.m. Mass on Saturday, April 4; 7, 8, 10 & 12 on Easter Sunday.
- NO CLASSES UNTIL MONDAY, APRIL 13. Have a blessed, happy Easter!
- Counselors from Bloomfield Hills High School will be here on April 14 to set up classes and answer questions. Contact Ann Bartoli if your 8th grader might be attending BHS next fall.
- PANEL OF EXPERTS ON MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES will be in the parish hall on Thursday, Apr. 23, from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Stephanie Prechter, an advocate for mental health based on her personal journey w/bipolar disorder and the tragic passing/suicide of her dad, will be featured. If you are interested in attending, be sure to contact Ann.Bartoli@sthugoschool.org. by April 10.
MORE SAFETY AND COURTESY NOTICES
- Please go through the drop-off line and let your children exit your car from the passenger side. Parents should not be parking and walking their students into school. It is much more dangerous to be walking through moving cars! By this time of the year students know where to enter school or join their classmates in line.
- Please do NOT drop your students off in front of school in the morning. All parents are expected to use the drop-off system in the parking lot. Try to leave home in time so that your children are dropped off in the proper place and enter school on time. Thank you for your cooperation.
CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER!
Last week 43 of our 7 & 8 grade students traveled to MSU to participate in the Red Cedar Model United Nations Conference. We had the largest group of participants and came home with six awards! We are very proud of all who participated and seeing them move from inexperience to confidence! Award winners are: Jackqueline Goggins and KC Kennedy who received Verbal Accomodation; Megan Obear and Joe Fortino who received Honorable Mention (Third Highest Award) and Charlie Farrar and Kylie Scott who received Outstanding Delegate (Second Highest Award. Thank you to all who participated and represented our school in such a professional manner. Mrs. Budiongan was thrilled to hear the results and is extremely proud of all our delegates.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR MARCH STUDENTS OF THE MONTH!
Grade Level Winners: JK – Audrey Love; K-Matteo Denipoti; 1 – Fernanda Segura; 2 – Charlie Joseph; 3 – Molly O’Brien; 4 – Megan Quakenbush; 5 – Zack Olah; 6 – Gillian Donoghue; 7 – Sophia Schneider; 8 – Isabelle George.
Art Winners: K – Caroline Quaine; 1 – Adrianna Roye; 2 – Leila Mains; 3 – Elle Ervin; 4 – Catherine Carter; 5 – Andrew Priebe; 6 – Kate Binkley; 7 – Ciara Dillon; 8 – Gabrielle Grace
Music & Glee Winners: 1 – Caroline Torok; 2 – Will Mervenne; 3 – Ava Dietz; 4 – Claire Ruschak; 5 – Sean MacLean; 6 – Kate Binkley; 7 & 8 – Tommy Frost; Glee – Gabby Grace