IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Tuesday, March 3 – no classes. Bloomfield Hills Schools are closed that day which means no buses, so we are having a teacher-in-service day.
- This Week – On line Parent Survey will be sent out this week via email
- Wednesday, March 4 – Grade 5 Bake Sale benefitting education in South Sudan during lunch hour. Peanut-free treats, chips, pretzels and sweet treats will be available for 50 cents each.
- Thursday, March 5 – Judge Lisa Gorcyca will talk to our students about Internet Safety and public safety issues. These topics are essential in today’s society so we are very pleased that Judge Gorcyca has offered to speak. Be sure to talk to your students about what they learned from this presentation.
- Sunday, March 8 – Open House, 1:15 – 3:30 for current and prospective families! Be sure to stop by and see all the teachers and all the hard work our students have been doing! See the attached flyer for the schedule of musical performances. If you have or would like a lawn sign, please put it out today. Potential new families are invited to come so tell your friends and neighbors.
- Sunday, March 8 – Annual Baby Shower for Lifespan. Bring donations (diapers, onesies, socks, receiving blankets, crib sheets, baby wipes, etc.) when you come for Open House!
- Thursday, March 12 – “So Your Child is 18? What Now? Legal Realities & Ussues Facing 18 year olds & Their Parents” presentation by Dawn Schluter & Gerald Gleeson from Miller Canfield at BBFA, 7275 Wing Lake Rd. at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 12 – Protecting God’s Children Workshop, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. in the parish hall. If you do any volunteering, coaching or working with children in the school or parish you must take this class. Register: virtus.org
- Tuesday, Mar. 17 – St. Patrick’s Day, students may add green to their uniforms
- Thursday, Mar. 19 – St. Joseph’s Day, students may add red to their uniforms
- Wednesdays, March 18 & 25 – Clay Workshop, 3:20-5:00 p.m. Fee is $45.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, March 18 – “Your Child’s Digital Footprint and How It Can Affect Their Future” presented by Julie Fisher, M.Ed.at BBFA Office, 6443 Inkster Road, #280. Space very limited so please register early. Learn how your child’s online profiles and digital footprints can affect their future!
- Friday, March 20 – final day to sign up for Raider Track. St. Hugo students are welcome to join in this track team made up of students at St. Regis, Holy Name, Our Lady, Queen of Martyrs, and St. Hugo School. Call Deanna at 248-390-7117 for more information.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- OFFICE MANAGER: Please send a resume to Sister Margaret by Friday, March 13, if you are interested in becoming the St. Hugo School Office Manager after this school year.
- WANTED: Please email or send hard copies of photos of your eighth graders throughout their years at St. Hugo School to email@example.com or kid mail to Claire Fanning, D10. Photos from school functions and events will be featured in the 8th gr. Graduation DVD. Thank you!
- BASKETBALL COACHES are asked to return all uniforms, equipment and KEYS to Mr. Barrett as soon as your team completes their season. Thank you!
- TENNIS ANYONE? Girls in grades 5-8 interested in playing spring tennis in the ACT League are asked to contact Maureen Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-762-9444.. There are only 5 spots left!
- HELP WANTED: We are looking for a few more families to help with meals for the Zwolinski family. This would be a wonderful Lenten project for a family to work together on! Please go on line to:Takethemameal.com and search by last name: Zwolinski. Meals can be brought to school at afternoon pickup. Questions? Contact Yasmine Najor at 248-245-8181.
- NO FAST FOOD LUNCHES, PLEASE! Parents, please be aware of this policy.
- THANK YOU: We want to thank these volunteers who contributed to the fabulous Soup Luncheon enjoyed by our staff: Rochelle Denipoti, Cathy Grace, Lisa Gorcyca, Korinne Sudomir, Rebecca Rudnick, Rachel Smidt, Ami Turner, Amy Merchant, Allison Mayette, Melissa Williams, Amy Monroe, Kelly Priebe, Gina Giglio, Reta Shammami, Stacey Tuohy, Janet Rivard, Amanda Alvelo, Patty Albano, Kim Petrucci, Zaina Elia, Dee Williams and Nancy Montales. Thanks also to Kristen Biglin and Holly Mustion who coordinated this event. Hopefully we didn’t miss anyone!
- FUNDRAISERS: The current contest for Soup Labels and Box Tops is over. However we hope you will continue to collect them. Also, we were notified by Kroger that $618.42 was donated to our school. We appreciate all your support of these fundraisers.