NEWS AND NOTES
- What a saintly week this is! Tuesday, March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, students may add green to their uniforms. Thursday March 19, St. Joseph’s Day, there will be an all-school mass and students may add red to their uniforms.
- Collection for South Sudan will be taken up at the 8:30 a.m. all-school mass on Thursday. Please send $1 (or more) for each of your children to put in the collection. This Lent we are sending money to South Sudan through the agency, Solidarity with South Sudan. This organization helps train teachers and nurses. It works with the local churches to train parish personnel and youth leaders as well as encouraging women to serve as peace builders! For more information, see their website www.solidarityssudan.org. Thank You!
- Wednesday, March 18, is Book Exchange Day! See the attached flyer and remind your students to bring in their books!
- Registration forms and fees are due by March 31, 2015. Remember, current families who send in this information with the $300 fee by the deadline will have their names entered into a special drawing for a $500 prize! This fee will become $350 for registrations received after May 1. This policy is being inaugurated because of the need for confirmed numbers in order to complete our 2015-2016 budget.
- Grade Five Parents: Beautiful, hand-crafted crosses, made by each fifth grader, were on display at the Auction and those not sold are now available in the school office. The cost is $25 each and we feel confident that when you see your child’s artistic effort you will want to have this treasure!
- Students planning to go to Brother Rice will be receiving a letter soon from Mrs. Bartoli informing them of the directions to apply for a $1000 Jeff Ureel Scholarship.
- Latchkey is not a drop-in service; you must be registered to attend and there are restrictions as to how many students are allowed at one time. The only exceptions are in the morning when a parent is on parking lot duty or if you have one-time permission from Mrs. Gulvezan or the school office.
- Summer Camps: For information on summer camps at Orchard Lake Schools check www.orchardlakecamps.com; for Sacred Heart Academy www.ashmi.org/summer and for various “Kids Empowered” camps at different campuses in the area, firstname.lastname@example.org Some flyers are available in the office.
- Think First, Stay Safe Program will be presented to students next week. Age appropriate lessons on “stranger danger,” etc. will be taught.
- Michael Roney, a St. Hugo School alum, was named Salutatorian at Brother Rice High School in this year’s graduating class! Congratulations to Michael and to his family!
- Kudos to the Kotsakis Family for chairing the annual parish Soup Supper which benefited the Capuchin Soup Kitchen. The soups were delicious and a good time was had by all!