Parent Bulletin | March 14, 2016
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
* Thursday, March 17 – students may add green to their uniform (no hair dye!)
* Friday, March 18 – 5th grade bake sale benefitting Catholic Relief Services (peanut free treats, sweets, pretzels and chips), 50¢ each
* Friday, March 18 – end of the 3rd quarter
* Tuesday, March 22 – non-uniform day for each student donating $1, proceeds off-set 6th grade musical costumes and props
* Wednesday, March 23 – deadline to order lunches for April
* Thursday, March 24 – Friday, April 1 – Easter Vacation
* Friday, April 15 – raffle early bird drawing
* Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 – First Communion
* Friday, May 6 – raffle drawing
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT POWER SCHOOL: Due to the end of the 3rd quarter, parents and students will not have access to Power School Wednesday, March 16 – Wednesday, April 6. Power School access will reopen on Wednesday, April 6 after 4:00pm. Parents will be able to view report cards via Power School on Friday, April 6 after 4:00pm.
IS YOUR CHILD ALLERGIC TO RABBITS? Please let the front office know. Ms. Bitzinger would like to bring her bunny, Pickles, to the art room to model for students but needs to be aware of any allergies to take necessary precautions.
HAS YOUR CHILD EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN CERAMICS? The next clay workshop is Wednesday, March 16th and March 23rd from dismissal – 5:00pm and still has several openings.
Students will wait in their grade’s bus room and then will be dismissed to the art room. Student pickup is at 5:00pm from the art room door. Please send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45.00. Open to Grades 1–8. Kinders may attend if an older sibling is also signed up.
LOOKING FOR SUMMER ACTIVITIES?
* The Cranbrook Soccer-Futbol Academy is accepting registration for their co-ed program for children ages 5-10. The session runs June 20-24 from 9:00am-11:00am, is held on the Cranbrook boys Middle School fields and is $150 per child. For more information go to www.schools.cranbrook.edu/page/camps—public-programs/sports-camps/soccer.
* De La Salle High School is offering many academic and athletic summer camps for girls and boys. Flyers are available in the front office or go to www.delasallehs.com and follow the link to Summer Camps.
RAFFLE TICKETS will be sent home after Easter break with the youngest student in each family. The early bird drawing is Friday, April 15 and the raffle drawing is on Friday, May 6. Thank you for your support!
MARCH IS READING MONTH! Any student, during the month of March, who visits their public library will receive a small prize when they bring their public library book receipt to Mrs. Braet or Mrs. Balcer. Students can earn multiple small prizes if multiple visits are made to their public library. Please note: one prize per a weekly public library visit. Students must be able to voice what books they checked out at their public library to Mrs. Braet or Mrs. Balcer when claiming their prize.
ATTENTION PARENTS: The Sky’s the Limit auction co-chairs will be selling children’s art through March 18. Items not sold will be made available to the St. Hugo School community for purchase, recycled or donated.
FAITH @ WORK CATHOLIC BOOKS & GIFTS is looking for some help with their 13th annual Easter egg drop. Holy Saturday night volunteers will quietly cover lawns to surprise children and parents of families in need with dozens and dozens of stuffed plastic eggs. Please consider stuffing a dozen plastic eggs with stickers, candy, small toys, coins, or Chuck E Cheese tokens – there does not need to be much in each egg since dozens and dozens will be delivered. Please pack each egg with a simple prayer for the child that will be opening it up. Eggs need to be delivered to Faith @ Work (1977 E. Wattles, Troy) by Tuesday, March 22. Contact Faith @ Work, 248-250-9216, with questions.
CLEAN WINTER SPORT UNIFORMS should be turned in to Mr. Barrett as soon as possible.
2016-2017 SCHOOL CALENDAR: Orientation will be on Thursday, August 25. The first day of school will be Friday, August 26 and will be a half day. The remainder of the 2016-2017 school calendar will be available soon.