MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
· June 2 – 9 – send in a box or two of cereal to support Ladies of Charity and Children’s Hospital of Michigan
· Tuesday, June 6 – Field Day, dismissal at 12:55pm (there will be bus service)
· Wednesday, June 7 – Used uniform sale, front foyer
· Thursday, June 8 – All school mass, 8:30am
· Friday, June 9 – Last day of school, dismissal at 11:30am (there will be bus service)
· Last week’s TRACK winner, Matthew St. Andre! Matthew was nominated for assisting others at recess. Keep up the great work, Matthew!
· The May Students of the Month! Kindergarten – Briella Marougy, 1st grade – Luci Ciarlone, 2nd grade – Marja Geisz, 3rd grade – Madeline Najor, 4th grade – Addison Smidt, 5th grade – Lily Rivard, 6th grade – Bridget Gieselman, 7th grade – Ethan Swider, Band – Ava Elia and Kathryn VanNorwick, Art – Thomas Sackman and Bown Waltz
THIS WEEK’S PARKING LOT DUTY: Monday – Samona, Seifert, Semma Tuesday – Bata, Shammami, Sharkas, Wednesday – Sigler, Simpson Thursday – Thalman, Thurman Friday – Tocco, Truculescu, Tuliao. Thank you to all families that cover their parking lot duty assignment!
USED UNIFORM SALE will be held on Wednesday, June 7 from 8:00am-9:00am outside the front office. Please bring your clean, gently used uniform skirts, jumpers, sweaters and fleece jackets to the office on Tuesday, June 6 (no early drop offs). Proceeds from the sale of gently used uniforms will be donated to the Tuition Angels fund. We will be accepting blouses, boy’s shirts (or button down) or boy’s pants. Any uniforms not sold will be donated to a school in Pontiac. We will NOT be accepting gym uniforms (including sweat pants/sweat shirts) or boy’s polo shirts.
ATTENTION CURRENT 7TH GRADE STUDENTS: We will be offering a summer session of the High School Placement Test Prep Course from Monday, June 12 through Tuesday, June 20. This course runs from 8:00 am -10:00 am and covers 12 hours of high school placement test strategies and a practice test. By taking the course in the summer, students have the advantage of using this information to study at a relaxed pace without classes, homework or other school activities competing for their time. As a bonus, summer students may attend the fall class at no charge. Tuition Fee is $225.00. Registration form is attached.
THE ST. HUGO ALTAR GUILD RUMMAGE SALE, which benefits many local charities and our school, is coming in June! We could use your help in filling the school with a wonderful variety of items to make the Rummage Sale successful. Donation Drop-off and Set-up: June 16-20. Rummage Sale: June 21-23. For information about volunteering, please go to www.sthugo.org/rummagesale. There are opportunities for students to earn service hours as well as adult volunteer opportunities. More information about the sale can be found on the parish website and Facebook page. Thank you for your support!
THANK YOU to all the families that sent in Clorox wipes containers this year to help Boy Scout Troop 1037 upgrade its luminary displays for Christmas Eve and Holy Thursday. Please know how much we appreciate your help. We now have a sufficient amount for the displays and they will be much more weather-proof than the paper bags we used to use.
FORMER ST. HUGO STUDENT MaryEllen Blaszczak is a current student at Marian and is available for babysitting this summer, 248-318-0000, email@example.com.
THANK YOU to all that have supported St. Hugo through Kroger Rewards! This past quarter we earned $318.15. It’s easy to direct Kroger Rewards to St. Hugo. Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com.
STILL IN NEED OF A SUMMER activity? Check out the Soccer Academy offered by Cranbrook. https://schools.cranbrook.edu/Page/Camps–Public-Programs/Sports-Camps/Soccer
ALL LATCHKEY, COMPUTER LAB, CAFETERIA AND LIBRARY debts should be paid by Thursday, June 8. Thank you!
· LAST CALL FOR CLASS PARTIES! It has come to our attention that some of the links are not working that were sent out last week. Please go to: www.bidpal.net/allinforsthugo and click on “Shop Items” in the menu bar. Click “View All” and find your party. We are only accepting Bidpal for sign ups and payment.
· CHECK IF YOU ARE ON THE LIST: You can also check if you have signed up your child(ren) by using the above instructions to check your class guest list. All party attendee/guest lists are published in the details of the party.
· CONGRATULATIONS to the Khalil Family as winning bidder for “We Are the Champions”. They have chosen the University of Dayton flag to bestow our flagpole next year. Go Flyers!
WANTED! We are looking for gently used outdoor play equipment for 3-5 year olds. If you would like to make a donation, please contact Mrs. Ryan.
The sixth grade class did a phenomenal job of helping their first grade book buddies this year. Sixth grade students interviewed their book buddies at the beginning of the year and then authored, illustrated, read and then gave their books to their book buddies. The sixth and first grades worked together very well all year. Great job to both the first and sixth grade teachers and students!
The Fun Run is September 23. Please mark that date on your calendar for next school year. We could really use your help with this event. We have outstanding parents running the Fun Run this year. We are looking for someone to head this event up for the 2018 school year. Please contact Mrs. Nykerk if you can assist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Chow! Mrs. Mueller’s room has truly been transformed from a science room to a science lab. The Chow family donated all of the materials in this two phase transformation. The new science lab looks amazing!
Excellent work to the boy scouts and their leaders as they camped outdoors this weekend. One of our grads Jacob Bruck is working on his Eagle Scout project here at St. Hugo. You might see Jacob videotaping dismissal as he is working on a strategy to make our dismissal even safer than it currently is. Great job to the St. Hugo scouts!
A reminder that Field Day is tomorrow. The weather is currently forecasted at cloudy and 65 degrees. I really appreciate all the parents that have volunteered! It is not too late to help. All St. Hugo families are welcomed to help in some capacity tomorrow. It should be a fun day and expect a special visitor!
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SUMMER!