Parent Bulletin | June 1,2015
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Wednesday, June 3: Eighth Grade Graduation, 7 p.m. Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
- Friday, June 5: Field Day! Students come to school in their special grade level t-shirts w/athletic shorts or other appropriate length shorts or sweats. Students will be served a grilled lunch and dismissal will be at 1 p.m. There is latchkey and bus service that day!
- Friday, June 5: Latchkey bills will be distributed today. Please check your students’ backpacks. ALL balances must be paid by Wed. June 10. From Friday, June 5 through Thursday, June 11 a.m. only, fees must be paid on a DAILY BASIS!
- Sunday, June 7: Time to celebrate! All are invited to the annual parish picnic following the 12 noon Mass celebrating Father Tony’s 50th anniversary as a Priest and 30th anniversary as our Pastor! Besides delicious picnic fare, there will be an inflatable mini-moon walk and more as well as a couple of fun surprises to add to Fr. Tony’s festive party! Come, enjoy the fun and celebrate with the parish community!
- Tuesday, June 9: Used book and uniform sale from 8 to 11 a.m. Don’t miss the chance to find books at discounted prices! Volunteers still needed for the 9-11 shift. Note: 8th graders can come back and get service hours, if needed! Please contact Megan Zidar, email@example.com or Laurie MacMichael, firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, only girls’ skirts/jumpers and shirts and blouses in very good condition will be sold. Also, sweat outfits in good condition may be donated.
- Thursday, June 11: Last day of classes! Dismissal will be at 11:30 a.m. and there WILL be bus service. However, there is NO LATCHKEY SERVICE.
- Thursday, June 11: Sixth Grade Girls Swim Party from 12-3 at Bloomfield Hills Swim and Tennis! Email email@example.com to sign up or get more information. Please contact Mrs. Sigler if you have already signed up for this party at the Auction.
- Friday, June 12: Eighth grade party at Orchard Lake Country Club open to all graduates from noon to 4 p.m. The cost is $30. (Rain day is Sunday, June 14.) Contact Cathy Gregory with questions.
- Beginning Friday, June12 “How to Take a High School Placement Test” will be offered from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. on June 12 and 15 and until 10:00 a.m. on June 16-19. This is the perfect time to prepare for the HSPT and the class will be taught by Mrs. Budiongan and Mrs. Kurn. Contact Mrs. Kurn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration information or if you have questions.
- NOTE: A supplemental Algebra I class will be offered by Mrs. Carol Leahy again this summer. The purpose of this class is to provide students who will NOT be taking Algebra I in the ninth grade which includes students attending Notre Dame Prep and those who have placed into Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II or Honors Geometry at other local high schools. Mrs. Leahy will offer two 5 session classes, Monday June 15- Friday June 19, or Monday June 22 – Friday June 26, from 9:30 until noon. Please see the information sent through PowerSchool or contact Mrs. Leahy at 248-642-6131 or email@example.com Thank you!
- Fun Run 2015: Mark your calendars for the 3rd Annual Fun Run, Sept. 19 from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Plan to come and invite family and friends for a fun-filled morning of racing and school spirit all for a good cause – proceeds will help buy new computers for classrooms, our library and the office for the 2015-2016 school year. Registration information will be forthcoming. Sponsorships will be available; please contact Eileen Sacca at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a corporate or personal sponsorship. Thank you!
SUMMER TUTORING: Several teachers have offered to do tutoring over summer break. You can contact them by email – their addresses are in your Student Directory.
- Mary Przygocki – Kinder or Gr. 1 Readiness
- Kara Herman – Grades 2 & 3
- Molly MacLean – K-5
- Carol Leahy – Math and English, Grades 4-8
- Meghan Carter – Math
- Sharon Zelek – gr. 3-6
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH OF MAY:
Grade Level Students are: K – Dominick Steffanina; gr.1 – Andrea Abarca; gr. 2 – Sarah Okka; gr. 3 – Gwen Wilson; gr. 4 – Meghan Ferrara; gr.5 – Ellie Yaldo; gr. 6 – Caroline Krause; gr. 7 – Michael Roberge.
Art Students are: K – Lindsey Schwegman; gr. 1 – Meredith Herman; gr. 2 – Alex Ruschak; gr. 3 – Lillian Rivard; gr. 4 – Joseph Bruck; gr. 5 – Bianca Giglio; gr. 6 – Ella Quaine; gr. 7 – Caitlin Drouse.
Outstanding Music Students: gr. 1 – Isabella Turner; gr. 2 – Molly Quakenbush; gr. 3 Maggie Scott; gr. 4 – Michael Blaszczak; gr. 5 – Reagan Dietz; Glee Award – Carla Hanna
Congratulations to all of these students; we are proud of you!