Parent Bulletin | January 4, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- January 4 – January 6 – No bus service
- Thursday, January 5 – Geography Bee, 3:30pm-5:00pm
- January 8 – 12 – Confirmation Interviews as scheduled, St. Hugo Parish Office
- Tuesday, January 10 – Deadline to register for after school Chess, see attached flyer for more information
- Friday, January 13 – End of 2nd quarter
- January 12 – January 23 – Power School shut down
- Friday, January 13 – Deadline to order February lunches
- Monday, January 16 – No school
- January 19 OR January 26 – Confirmation Rite Meeting for 8th grade parents, 7:00pm-8:30pm, Church
- Saturday, January 21 – First Reconciliation
- Sunday, January 22 – Prospective family Open House, 11:00am-2:00pm
- Monday, January 23 – Report cards available at 4:00pm
- Thursday, January 26 – Kindergarten Information Night, 7:00pm
- Friday, January 27 – Science Exchange
- Friday, January 27 – No PM bus service
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
DISMISSAL TIMES FOR January 4-6 are as follows: 3:20pm for carpool families and 3:30pm for bus families.
HELP US KEEP OUR EVERGREEN STATUS! St. Hugo recycles eye glasses, batteries, and cell phones. During the Christmas season we will also collect used/broken Christmas lights. We will be collecting lights until January 15.
PLEASE NOTE there are two Reserved Parking spots in the parking lot that families purchased at last year’s auction. Please be respectful of the reserved spots and do not park in them.
PLEASE REFRAIN from cell phone use during morning drop-off and afternoon dismissal. Thank you!
THE NEXT CLAY CLASS will be Thursday, January 12 and 19 from dismissal until 4:45pm. If interested, please contact Ms. Bitzinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45. The art room would graciously accept any donation of baby wipes to help keep our young artists clean. Thanks for your support!
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE PARENTS: Happy New Year and welcome back to St. Hugo after a long and welcome break! We just want to let you know that the High School Placement Test results have not yet been received by any parents in the archdioceses at this time. A representative from the Archdiocese of Detroit told us that the results should be sent out no later than this coming Saturday, so they should be received no later than next week. Thank you for your patience and we wish your students the best of luck!
The Mission of St. Hugo of the Hills School is to provide students with an educational experience in which the teachings of the Catholic faith are instilled, nurtured, and demonstrated. These teachings constitute an integral part of the school’s academic program and the St. Hugo community. Strengthened by the values inherent in these teachings, students and staff are challenge to live with the conviction that,
as followers of Jesus, it must be different with us.