MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Friday, January 8 – Non-uniform Day for those that donated to the Mom2Mom Bake Sale
- Friday, January 8 – deadline to order Catholic Schools Week t-shirt
- Tuesday, January 12 – Winter Sports Picture Day, per schedule distributed by coaches
- Thursday, January 14 – Kindergarten Information Night, 7pm – Library
- Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, no classes
- January 22 – last day to order lunches for February
- Saturday, January 23 – First Reconciliation
- Saturday, January 3 – Confirmation
- Sunday, January 31 – Open House, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- January 31-February 5 – Catholic Schools Week
- Friday, February 5 – SAVE THE DATE! First annual PTG Sweetheart (daddy/daughter) Dance
A NEW ST. HUGO FUNDRAISER! The Archdiocese of Detroit has created an official Catholic Schools Week t-shirt. The t-shirt will be sold for $10 with a $2 donation to St. Hugo and $2 to the St. Vincent DePaul Society. Students who wear this t-shirt on Friday, February 12 (the last day of school before Winter Break) can also wear jeans. A picture of the t-shirt and a downloadable order form is on the St. Hugo website. Order forms for the t-shirt must be turned in no later than January 8. T-shirts will be delivered by Wednesday, January 27. A great way to support St. Hugo and St. Vincent DePaul!
CHESS CLUB IS BACK! To register for the next chess session please go to http://payment.chessscholars.com/signup. You need to enter the class code SHC1.19.16. Chess club will be every Tuesday beginning January 19 and running thru March 22. Cost for the session is $89. We must limit registration to the first 50 students.
PHYS. ED REMINDER: Students in grades 4-8 took their gym clothes home over break. Please make sure they bring them back to school as soon as possible. Thank you!
TUITION ASSISTANCE forms are available on the school’s website for those families that are in need.
START SENDING THOSE BOX TOPS in! Make sure you to mark your student’s homeroom on your submission!
THE NEXT ST HUGO SCRIP ORDER of the year is due Monday, January 11 by 10:00 am. It will be ready for pickup in the front office on Friday afternoon, January 15. Order online at www.shopwithscrip.com . Please contact Beth Nunning at email@example.com with any questions.
THE DEADLINE FOR CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK Talent Show Submission Forms has been extended to Friday, January 8. Auditions will begin Tuesday, January 19. Additional forms are available in the front office.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 4TH GRADE STUDENTS who took 1st place out of 14 schools in their division of the Catholic Math League! The Catholic Math League is a tool used by hundreds of Catholic schools throughout the nation to aid in the development of mathematical skills. We are especially proud of Maggie Scott, Joseph Joulakh, and Rohan Turner for earning high ranking in their division!
The Mission of St. Hugo of the Hills School is to provide students with an educational experience in which the teachings of the Catholic faith are instilled, nurtured, and demonstrated. These teachings constitute an integral part of the school’s academic program and the St. Hugo community. Strengthened by the values inherent in these teachings, students and staff are challenge to live with the conviction that,
as followers of Jesus, it must be different with us.