Parent Bulletin | January 20,2015
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION
- Parents, please encourage at least one new family to come to the Open House this Sunday, Jan. 25, from 1:15-3:00 p.m. This event is for potential new families and will feature the bands playing, Glee singing, technology demonstrations, displays in the Fr. Esper Room, intra-mural basketball, and all the classroom teachers in their rooms to meet & greet and answer questions! OUR BEST PUBLICITY IS WORD OF MOUTH! REMEMBER, IF YOU RECOMMEND A FAMILY TO OUR SCHOOL AND THEY INDEED SIGN UP, YOU WILL GET $100 OFF YOUR TUITION NEXT FALL!
- Tell potential new families that of 58 students who sat for the High School Placement Test, 32 scored in the “high” range and 15 scored at 94th percentile or higher!!
- Open House Lawn Signs are available to put out starting today. Contact email@example.com to get a sign. She will also deliver, if necessary!
- Open House flyers are also available; pick up some in the office to post at your favorite pre-school, coffee shop, etc.
OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS
- Dismissal this Friday, Jan. 23, will be at 11:45 a.m. for all students. There will be buses and latchkey service. (Send a lunch if your child needs to stay for latchkey.)
- Don’t forget to send back your orders for Little Caesar Pizza Kits. This delicious fundraiser offers great options to order for Super Bowl parties, sleepovers, easy family dinners, etc. Students can earn an out-of-uniform day! Deadline is Fri. Jan. 23.
- Confirmation is Saturday, Jan. 24, at 11 a.m. in the church.
- Pancake Breakfast is Sunday, Jan. 25, after the 8 and 10 a.m. Masses. Proceeds go to the IHM Retirement Fund.
- Catholic Schools Week begins Sunday, Jan. 25. All the activities were listed in last week’s Parent Bulletin and are also on our website. ONE CHANGE W/NO HOMEWORK DAYS: Friday, Jan. 23, to support Open House and Confirmation, and Wednesday, Jan 28 before the Volunteer Vikings Day of Service. (There will be homework on Jan. 27 and Jan. 30.)
- Next Clay Workshop is Thurs. Jan. 29 and Feb. 5 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. The fee is $45. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Latchkey parents whose students attend on Wednesdays for the next 8 weeks must pick up your children BY 6:00 p.m. Mrs. Gulvezan has another commitment beginning at 6.
- Wonderful Science opportunity is coming up on Wed. Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at the Detroit Opera House. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, author, astrophysicist and host of Cosmos on the National Geographic Channel is the speaker. Get tickets through Ticketmaster.
- Seventh and eighth graders are planning a dance for Fri. Jan. 30 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the school gym. Mr. Jonathan Napper will be the D.J.! The theme is “Black Out” and black clothing is optional and the dress code casual. Pizza and drinks are included in the $10 ticket which can be purchase during lunch time the week of Jan. 26. An email request for chaperones will go out this week – parents, please sign up!
- Scout Mass is Sunday, Feb. 1, at 8:00 a.m. in St. Hugo Church.
- Box Tops for Education and Labels for Education new competition is now underway! Send in neatly clipped (earn double points!) to your child’s classroom by Feb. 25. Winning classroom will have a pizza party!
- Please remember to send in $5 to defray the cost of the fabulous $300 (or more) baskets at our Auction on Feb. 28! If you are unable to contribute a large Auction item, this is a great way to participate – only $5 per family is requested. Thank you!
- Need a great babysitter? Contact Claireroberge@comcast.net. She is 16, a sophomore at Marian High (former St. Hugo student,) and is experienced. References from other families will be provided.
- Our Green School gets greener! We are now collecting old, used eye glasses that we’ll send to the Lion’s Clubs to recycle.