MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, January 12 – Winter Sports Picture Day, per schedule distributed by coaches
- Thursday, January 14 – Kindergarten Information Night, 7pm – Jr. High Classroom (D7)
- Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, no classes
- Monday, January 18 – Deadline to register for the St. Hugo Science Fair
- January 22 – Little Caesar Pizza Kit orders due
- January 22 – last day to order lunches for February
- Saturday, January 23 – First Reconciliation
- Friday, January 22 – Pick up Little Caesar Pizza Kits, 12:00pm-4:00pm outside Fr. Esper Room
- Friday, January 29 – Sweetheart Dance RSVP due
- Saturday, January 30 – Confirmation
- Sunday, January 31 – Open House, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- January 31-February 5 – Catholic Schools Week
- Friday, February 5 –First annual PTG Sweetheart Dance
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DECEMBER STUDENTS OF THE MONTH! They are: Junior Kindergarten – Delaney Nykerk, Kindergarten – Hudson Kindt, 1st grade – August Boudreau, 2nd grade – Bode Kindt, 3rd grade – Dominic Kretschmer, 4th grade – Rafaella Saba, 5th grade – Tom Cosgrove, 6th grade – Lily Higgins, 7th grade – Gabi Saba, 8th grade – Marisa Ernat, Fine Arts Students of the month are: Brooke Mikel and Elle Ervin. Band Students of the Month are: Elena VanDieren and Lizzy Carter.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GEOGRAPHY BEE PARTICIPANTS! The results of St. Hugo’s 2016 Geography Bee are: 6th place – Jack Dickson, 5th place – Robert Silaghi, 4th place – Maggie Scott, Claire Ruschak and Sam Caradonna, 3rd place – Paul Frost and Tess Mervenne, 2nd place – Sean Kalabat, 1st place – Michael DeFrancesco. Thank you to all who helped.
HUGO WINTER DRESS REMINDER! When there is snow on the ground students in K-5 MUST wear boots and snow pants. Students in 6-8 MUST wear boots. Girls in 6-8 may add the Dennis Uniform navy pants (with white stripe down each leg) or the equivalent. All students should remember hats, gloves/mittens. When in doubt, adhere to these guidelines.
THE ART DEPARTMENT is in need of a few parent volunteers to help hang artwork for Open House. Please contact Miss Bitzinger, email@example.com, if you are able to lend a helping hand on the following dates and times: Wednesday, January 20 – 8:10am-12:10pm, Friday, January 22 – 8:10am-12:10pm, or Wednesday, January 27 – 8:10am-12:10pm. If you are able to offer your help at any other time it would also be very much appreciated.
THE NEXT CLAY WORKSHOP is Thursday, January 28 and February 4 from 3:30pm-5:00pm. Students will wait in their grade’s bus room and then will be dismissed to the art room. Student pick-up is at 5:00pm from the art room. Please send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45.00. Open to grades 1-8. Kinders may attend if an older sibling is also signed up.
HAVE ANY OLD CD’s lying around? Send them to the art room and we will use them for our 6th grade art project. Thank you!
BBFA WILL BE PRESENTING a parent education program: “How to Handle THE TALK: Tweens, Teens and Sex”. Presented by Michelle Miletic on Tuesday, January 12. This program will be held at The Doyle/Booth Center located at 7725 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills. The program begins at 10:00am and will run approximately an hour and a half. This is a free event and anyone is welcomed to attend.
HUGO SWEETHEART DANCE is Friday, February 5 and is open to all grades. Reservations are due Friday, January 29. Space is limited. Contact Heather Koziarz, 248-894-0466, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.
ST HUGO SCIENCE FAIR is Friday, March 4. To register go to www.sthugoscience.com. The deadline to register Monday, January 18. Please see the attached flyer. Prizes, awards, and so much fun for the entire family!