Parent Bulletin | February 9,2015
INFORMATION IS NOW ON-LINE
- Tuition Assistance Forms are now available on-line by going to our website and look under Resources. Applications must be postmarked by April 7, 2015.
- Shrek Cast Members can get all the information they need, especially Rehearsal Information, on our website under Performing Arts, Junior High Musical.
- sthugoschool.org, our new website, is awesome. We receive compliments on a daily basis! Kudos to Kathy Kowalewski for all she does to keep it updated.
OTHER NOTES OF IMPORTANCE
- Vision Screening, grades Junior K, 1,3,5,7 will be done the week of February 23. Students in other grades may be tested w/parent permission. Please let the office know if you have concerns about a child in a non-testing grade; we will send home a permission form for you to fill out.
- New St. Hugo School Brochures were sent home to each family. These are the booklets we give to potential new families; feel free to share your brochure w/family or friends!
- Ladies of Charity are always grateful for donations of jackets/warm clothing for school age children as well as adult sizes – especially large sizes.
- Wanted: Coaches are needed for Girls’ Softball teams, grades 5,6,7 & 8, and boys 5th grade baseball. If you are interested in helping, please contact Tom Barrett.
- Friday Night Fun, Feb. 13! It’s Knights of Columbus Night at historic Calihan Hall. Come and watch a nationally televised game between Cleveland State Vikings vs. Detroit Titans at 7 p.m. $10 includes game ticket, hot dog, chips & beverage. For tickets and more information, call 248-761-6618 or email email@example.com.
- Keep those Box Tops and Soup Labels coming! We’re in the midst of the last competition for this school year. Remember neatly clipped items get double credit!
A big thank you to all the parents who helped with Pizza Tally Day and the actual Pizza Day during Catholic Schools Week: Debra Wednieski, Nikki New, Yvonne Manni, Melissa Williams, Tracey Jacob, Regina VanDieren, Jen VanNorwick, Renee Hannoudi, Stacy Madany, Rochelle Denipoti, Inam Denha, Marianne Fortino, Pam Fatur, Anne Marie MacLean, Rana Jazrawi, Julie Torok, Gilda Wachowiak, Allison Mayette, Yasmine Najor, Lisa Gorcyca, David Gorcyca, Michelle Royer, Lisa Seneker, Patty Binkley, Carolynn Krause, Heather Koziarz, Patty Sharkey, Stacey Tuohy, Gina Rook, Mary Farrar, Mary Beth Dixon, Kim Petrucci, our staff in the lunch room and our maintenance staff as well. If we forgot to list your name we apologize and appreciate everyone’s help to make this such a fun event for our students. Another Thank You to our Room Moms, Gina Thomas, Cindy Hermann, Janet Rivard and Heather Smith for all they did making Catholic Schools Week such a great and happy success!
MORE THANK YOUS!
We are also grateful to the 100 families who participated in our Little Caesar’s Fundraiser! It was very successful and raised almost $2500 for our school. Volunteers who helped include: Jennifer Olah, Erica Thurman, Melissa Williams, Gina Thomas, Pam Fatur, Elise Palizzi, Rochelle Denipoti, Kelley Priebe and Julie Torok. Classrooms that won a pizza party by selling the most kits are K-1, Miss Cowper, and A-6, Mrs. Price. The party will be this Friday!
ALL SCHOOL RAFFLE
Forget about winning the Powerball Jackpot! Your chances of winning are much better in the annual St. Hugo All School Raffle! Tickets will be sent home in early March and each school family is required to either buy or sell $300 worth of tickets are make a $300 donation per family to St. Hugo School in lieu of raffle ticket sales. There will be an EARLY BIRD DRAWING for $500 and a non-uniform day for those who have met their $300 obligation on April 17. The main event drawing will take place on May 8 for prizes of $5000, $3000 and $1000.
We look forward to and very much appreciate full support of this crucial fundraiser for our school. Any questions may be directed to Carolynn Krause and/or Patty Roberge.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
FEBRUARY 16 – 20: Winter Break is next week, February 16 through February 20. Enjoy a safe, restful vacation.
FEBRUARY 23: Oakland County conducts vision screening this week
FEBRUARY 28: Annual Auction! See the attached flyer for details, and don’t miss this great event! Spread to word to St. Hugo Alums as we celebrate our 75th Year!
MARCH 26, THURSDAY: Grade Six Musical, 7 p.m.
APRIL 2 – 10: Easter Vacation
APRIL 25 & 26: First Communion
MAY 6 & 7: Grandparents/Special Persons Days
MAY 15 & 16: Junior High Musical, “Shrek”
MAY 22-25: Memorial Weekend, no classes
JUNE 3: Graduation
JUNE 11: Last day of classes