MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Friday, February 12 – Students may wear their official Catholic Schools Week t-shirt with jeans or sweatpants
- Friday, February 12 – Deadline to order March lunches
- Friday, February 12 – Please submit your 2016-2017 registration
- February 22-26 – Oakland County Vision Screening for grades JK, Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th
- Tuesday, February 23 – Yearbook picture day for St. Hugo clubs
- Wednesday, February 24 – Deadline to submit Box Tops for this competition
- Saturday, February 27 – 2016 Auction The Sky’s the Limit, Shenandoah Country Club
- Saturday, March 5 – Science Exchange
- Sunday, March 6 – Fine Arts Open House
MANY THANKS TO:
- The head room parents; Gina Thomas, Melissa Williams, Cindy Hermann, Jennifer Morgan and all of their helpers who made Catholic Schools Week special: Ann Lazar, Carolyn Love, Megan Kindt, Regina VanDieren, Tegan Higgins, Rana Jazrawi, Inam Denha, Julie Torok, Chelsea Cormier, Suzanna Cerroni, Tracey Jacob, Kristin Ruschak, Kristen Biglin, Janet Riverd, Nikki New, Di Nader, Laurie MacMichael, Lisa Seneker, Rochelle Denipoti, Julie Cardillo, Patti Chinoni, Yasmine Najor, Allison Mayette, Susan Roberts, Gina Giglio, Cherly Abarca, Ginna Segura, Heather Koziarz, Andrea Mychalowych, and Nicole Orow.
- Mr. Timmis and Mrs. Bartoli for all of their efforts coordinating the Catholic Schools Week Talent Show. And to Mrs. Merricle, Miss Bitzinger, Mrs. Brannan, and Miss Cowper for assisting with auditions.
- Mrs. Kurn, Mrs. Brandt, and Mrs. MacLean for organizing our Volunteer Vikings Day of Service.
- The Little Caesar Pizza Kit Fundraising team headed by Jen Morgan and her helpers; Melissa Williams, Yasmine Najor, Meghan Zidar, Laurie MacMichael and the many families that bought and sold pizza kits.
- The Daddy/Daughter Dance Committee: Allison Mayette, Heather Koziarz, Anita Hakem, Meghan Zidar, Suzanne Tosto, Deb Wedneiski, Erica Thurman, John Schwegman, Dan Ervin, Mike Quaine, and Kitty Dickson. Special thanks to the following event sponsors: The Fakhouri Family, The Koziarz Family, and The MacMichael Family. Many daddies and their daughters enjoyed this 1st annual PTG event!
- The January Students of the Month: JK – Violetta Kretschmer, Kindergarten – Theresa Ferrara, 1st grade – Chloe Orow, 2nd grade – Kaatelyn Morgan, 3rd grade – Sarah Okka, 4th grade – Charlotte Quaine, 5th grade – Leah Pallisco, 6th grade – Bowen Waltz, 7th grade – Lizzy Carter, and 8th grade – Caitlyn Drouse.
- The January Fine Arts Students of the Month: Band – Angela Naman and Joshua Reid, Art – Nicolas Fandino and Natalie Burg.
- 2012 St. Hugo graduates Brian Cosgrove and Preston Pilat. Brian, a senior at Brother Rice High School, signed a letter of intent to play lacrosse at Fairfield University. Preston is also a senior at Brother Rice High School and signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Northern Kentucky. Congratulations to Brian, Preston and their families!
CURRENT FAMILY REGISTRATION IS UNDERWAY for the 2016-2017 school year. Please return your family registration form and your non-refundable deposit of $300 by Friday, February 12. Remember, a $100 tuition credit is available if you refer a new family to St. Hugo and they enroll!
BBFA is presenting: “Ferocious Love: Mothering Teenage Boys into Manhood” by Ted Braude on February 9, 10:00am at 7275 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills. The program is free and open to the public. There is no need to pre-register.
THE ART ROOM is in need of baby wipes or Lysol wipes. Any donation is greatly appreciated!
THE CAFETERIA STAFF is asking that you kindly check your Orgsonline account for credit balances or outstanding balances before sending in your payment.
THE NEXT ST. HUGO SCRIP order is due Monday, February 8 – just in time for winter break! Order by 10:00am Monday, February 8 and pick-up at the school office on Friday afternoon, February 12. Order online at www.shopwithscrip.com. Your login is your email address and it can email your password. Pay by check, payable to St. Hugo PTG with “SCRIP” on the memo line, and send to the office no later than Wednesday, February 10 or pay with Prestopay (debit from your bank account). Check out limited time special rebate at Landry’s, California Pizza Kitchen, and LL Bean?
Contact Beth Nunning, email@example.com, for more information. Thank you for supporting St. Hugo!
WE RECYCLE empty ink cartridges!
HUGO’S ANNUAL FINE ARTS OPEN HOUSE is Sunday, March 6 from 1:15pm-3:00pm. Come and listen to our bands and see our beautiful award-winning art on display! We will be featuring: 3rd grade Recorder – 1:30pm, 4th & 5th Concert Band performs – 1:50pm. 4th grade Choir – 2:10. 6th-8th grade Jazz Band – 2:30pm. Vocal Vikings Glee Club – 2:50pm. If your student is performing, please refer to Mr. Pacifico’s handout for more instructions.
With St. Hugo’s Annual Auction, The Sky’s the Limit, fast approaching we would like to thank the Auction Co-chairs; Karla Mekani, Sarah Jankowski, and Stephanie Schwartz for all of their hard work in putting together our school’s largest fundraiser. We would also like to thank all who placed ads, made donations or chaired a committee – we are very grateful! Please join us on February 27 at Shenandoah Country Club!
The Mission of St. Hugo of the Hills School is to provide students with an educational experience in which the teachings of the Catholic faith are instilled, nurtured, and demonstrated. These teachings constitute an integral part of the school’s academic program and the St. Hugo community. Strengthened by the values inherent in these teachings, students and staff are challenge to live with the conviction that,
as followers of Jesus, it must be different with us.