THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Words cannot convey how grateful we are to our St. Hugo School Family for their participation in all the Catholic Schools Week activities. Our students, alums, parents and our staff made this a great week as we celebrated how fortunate we are to belong to St. Hugo School!
- Tuesday featured an all-school assembly where we were entertained by Glee, Jazz Band, and our guest speaker, Brad Galli, who told us how important his roots in the St. Hugo School and Parish Community are in his life.
- Wednesday featured our all-school Mass where a most generous collection of $1100 was made to the IHM Retirement Fund.
- Thursday was the wonderful Volunteer Vikings Day of Service where we demonstrated the spirit of “It Must Be Different With Us.” Our 7th and 8th graders went to such places as Angels Place Homes, Forgotten Harvest, Lighthouse of Oakland County, St. Vincent DePaul, Christ Child, and Gleaners to do such tasks as cleaning, painting, sorting, boxing food items, fixing meals, etc. Younger students all participated by bringing in items to take to these places.
- Friday ended CSW with a silly clown to entertain the K, 1 and 2 students while grades 3-8 watched the annual student vs. faculty volleyball competition! Grades 6 and 8 were victorious over the staff! Tying together Brad Galli’s talk about the importance of our roots, Miss Brower introduced the 27 teachers who had children attend St. Hugo, and/or went to St. Hugo School themselves and one, Mrs. Stuart, whose mother attended as well as Mrs. Stuart’s children!
- Thank you, also, for all who worked hard to make our Open House a success, including Nicole Grace whose name was inadvertently omitted from last week’s bulletin.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following students on their Art awards:
Gr. 4: 1st place – Mia Mojares, 2nd place – Blake Bluthardt, 3rd – Anise Kruse. Honorable Mention: Robert MacMichael, Alysha Drouse, Catherine Carter, Sean Chaiyasate.
Gr. 5: 1st place – Caroline Wells, 2nd place – Lauren St. Andre, 3rd place – Charlotte Mustion. Honorable Mention: Maria VanDieren, Olivia Mutone, Xavier Chow, Meghan Sharkey, Lily Higgins.
Gr. 6: 1st place – Emilie Pedretti, 2nd place – Rachel Rook, 3rd place – Matt Jennings. Honorable Mention: Isabel Toma, Penelope Wilson, Melania Vale, Jack Dickson.
Gr. 7/8: 1st place for Candy Painting OR Ceramic Cross – Julia Naman and Erin Gieselman, 2nd place – Tessy Klein and Kathryn West, 3rd place – Emily Czarnecki and Tessy Klein. Honorable Mention: Kevin Giniel, Kylie Scott, Julia Barto, Celeste Wasco, Riley Williams, Ciara Dillon, Maggie Christ and Alec Stasiak.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following Students of the Month for January:
JK – Julia Vachon; K – Lindsey Schwegman; 1 – Matthew St. Andre; 2 – Addison Smidt; 3 – Natalie Petrucci; 4 – Kayla Hakim; 5 – Grace Roberts; 6 – Elena Schwegman; 7 – Tess Mervenne; 8 – Claire Stechow.
ART Students: K – Gieren McAllister; 1 – Matthew St. Andre; 2 – Grace Pallisco; 3 – Kate VanNorwick; 4 – Emma Filby; 5 – Brooke Gregory; 6 – Jack Dickson; 7 – Riley Williams; 8 – Julia Barto.
MUSIC/GLEE: Gr. 1 – Zach Wyciskalla; 2 – Ada Kowalewski; 3 – Lily Mojares; 4 – Alex Abdelmessih; 5 – Andrew Priebe; 6 – Leo DelaRosa; 7/8 Marissa Ernat & Evan Wells.
REMINDERS to parents:
- Science Exchange is this Friday, Feb. 6.
- Talent Night, sponsored by Families for Vocations, is Friday, Feb. 6, at 6:30 in the parish hall. This Talent Show is open to all and food and beverages will be provided. Contact Toni Najor, email@example.com or 248-931-9206.
- Parking Lot/Playground Duties – Many thanks to all the parents who take these jobs seriously! We appreciate your help in keeping our children safe. If you are unable to take your turn, please get a substitute.
- Scrip Orders are due Monday, Feb. 9, by 10 a.m. and can be picked up in the office on Friday afternoon, Feb. 13, just in time for Valentine’s Day! Contact Beth Nunning, Nunning@wowway.com with questions.