Parent Bulletin | February 23,2015
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Parish Fish Dinner, this Friday, Feb. 27, 5 – 7:30 p.m. in the parish hall.
- Group pictures for the Yearbook will be taken this Friday, Feb. 27. Students may wear their scout uniforms. Any students new to the school since last September will also have their pictures taken.
- Annual Auction, this Saturday, Feb. 28 – Join us! See attached flyer.
- No Classes next week, Tuesday, March 3 – Teacher’s Meeting
- Open House for new and current families – Sunday, March 8, See flyer.
- Correction: The phone number for our new Yaldo family was incorrectly printed. The correct number is 248-932-0563. Please correct it on the yellow page we sent out in January to add to your directory. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Help Wanted: If you would like to help the Zwolinski family by making a meal for them, please go to TakeThemAMeal.com and search by last name: Zwolinski. The password is: Peggy. All the necessary info is on the website. Meals can be brought to school at afternoon pickup. Melissa is in grade 3 and her mom is currently undergoing cancer treatment so these meals are a big help to them. A HUGE THANK YOU to all the 3rd grade moms who have already made meals! Questions? Contact Yasmine Najor at 248-245-8181 or email@example.com
- Hollywood Market deadline for points is Feb. 28. Ask your friends and relatives to just mention St. Hugo School at the check-out and we get credit!
- Box Tops and Soup Labels should be sent in by Wednesday, Feb. 25, as this is the end of the current contest! 4th grade is ahead but grades 2 and 7 are close behind!! (Keep collecting those tops and labels, however, for the next contest.
- Coaches needed for the following girls’ teams this spring: 7/8th gr. girls softball; 6th gr. girls softball, 5th . girls softball. A coach is also needed for 5th gr. boys baseball. Please contact Tom Barrett is you are interested. If we don’t have a coach, the team will be dropped.
- Please remind whoever drives your children to school:
- There is NO drop-off on the Hickory Grove side of school
- Leave early enough to safely drop students off in the carpool line by 8:05 a.m.
- Respect the Stop Sign! A maintenance staff member is stationed to stop cars in order to let the buses safely through the carpool line.
- The back entrance to the school is locked at 8:15. If your student arrives later than that, you must bring your child to the office to get a late slip.
- Students should be here by 8:05. We understand occasional tardiness but please don’t make it a habit.
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2015 Science Exchange Winners:
Senior Division, grades 7 & 8: 1 – Christopher VanDieren; 2-Maura Kruse; 3 – Kathryn West & Meriam Atisha; Honorable Mention – Claire Spender.
Intermediate Division, grades 5 & 6: 1-Lauren St. Andre & Caroline Wells; 2-Liana Jouhet & Sara Nouhan; 3 – Anya Keena & Ania Petrosky; Honorable Mention- – Anna Bonema & Natalie Nykerk; Margo & Sophia Sudzina; Kate Binkley & Grace Micale
Junior Division, gr. 3 & 4: 1 – John Torok & Blake Bluthardt; 2 – Luke Hogan; 3 – Maia Keena; Honorable Mention – Samantha Angersbach & Rohan Turner; Molly O’Brien &
Anastacia Wachowiak; Claire Becker; Anise Kruse & Siena Apsey
Kids’ Choice Awards: 1 – Declan & Aidan McGrath; 2 – Jack Hermann; 3 – Deano Sigler & Kyle Filby
A huge thank you to the following benefactors: OpTech – Ronia Kruse, CEO; Dr. & Mrs. Chaisayate & family; Mrs. Margaret Quaine; MALLIA Salon, Mr. Bobby Lezos; Mr. & Mrs. Tim Holden; Holden Landscaping; Catherine Holden, Photography.
Congratulations and Thank You to the following volunteers: Amanda McGrath, Julie & Mary & Sara Bonema, Margaret Quaine, Eileen Sacca, Monique Bonnefil, Teresa St.Andre, Michael Blaszczak, Karen West, Suzanne Tosto, Anita Petrosky, Gina Giglio, Theresa Atisha, Patricia Nouhan, Gilda Wachowiak, Michael & Erin Marsh, Lisa & Serena Seneker, Bernadette Dailey, Nicholas Hogan and Evan Wells. And last, but not least, thank you to Chairpersons Mike Quaine, Julie and Brian Torok, Patsy Hogan, Mrs. Mueller as well as our Science Teachers for all their contributions to this worthwhile project.