MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- February 22-26 – Oakland County Vision Screening for grades JK, Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th
- Tuesday, February 23 – Yearbook picture day for St. Hugo clubs
- Wednesday, February 24 – Deadline to submit Box Tops for this competition
- Saturday, February 27 – 2016 Auction The Sky’s the Limit, 6:30pm, Shenandoah Country Club
- Friday, March 4 – Science Exchange
- Sunday, March 6 – Fine Arts Open House
HUGO’S ANNUAL FINE ARTS OPEN HOUSE is Sunday, March 6 from 1:15pm-3:00pm. Come and listen to our bands and see our beautiful award-winning art on display! We will be featuring: 3rd grade Recorder – 1:30pm, 4th & 5th Concert Band performs – 1:50pm. 4th grade Choir – 2:10. 6th-8th grade Jazz Band – 2:30pm. Vocal Vikings Glee Club – 2:50pm. If your student is performing, please refer to Mr. Pacifico’s handout for more instructions.
HUGO STUDENTS INTERESTED in running track are eligible to participate in the program at St. Regis. There is a parent meeting in the Media Center at St. Regis on Tuesday, March 1 at 6:00pm. Parents are asked to enter the building through the doors near the dumpster.
SOME GENTLE REMINDERS:
- We have noticed a growth spurt in some of our students! Please take a few minutes to check the length of skirts, jumpers, and pants.
- For the safety of everyone ALL visitors, including parents, must report to the front office to obtain a visitor badge. In the event of a building emergency the school is responsible for ensuring the safety of all – if we don’t know you are here we can’t make sure you are safe! Thank you for your help!
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS:
- To K1 for selling the most Little Caesar Pizza Kits! They will be celebrating their victory with a pizza party on Friday, February 26.
- To the Hakim family for sponsoring the Sweet Treats table at the Daddy/Daughter Dance and to United Wholesale for sponsoring all of the yummy candy.
- To the seventeen Cub Scouts of Pack 1037 who received religious emblem medals at the Scout Mass. These recognized scouts successfully completed a special program designed by the National Catholic Committee on scouting. Light of Christ recipients: August Boudreau, William Bujoll, Kingston Cormier, Mason Kretschmer, and Jamie Stewart. Parvuli Dei recipients: Jacob Brzustewicz, Lincoln Cormier, Vincent Ferrara, Joseph Hakim, Patrick Jazrawi, Pierre Jazrawi, Dominic Kretschmer, Jack Palizzi, and Alexander Ruschak.
FINAL FOUR FUN! Zieben Mare, a boutique in Franklin, is offering a fun shopping fundraiser – it is their own version of the Final Four! On Wednesday, March 9 and Thursday, March 10, Zieben Mare will donate 15% of their total sales to St. Hugo families back to St. Hugo. Our competitors for the grand prize of $500 is St. Regis, Holy Name and St. Fabian. For more information contact Mary Wenzel, Yasmine Najor or Patti Chinonis.
OUR OWN MICHAEL ALBANO, an 8th grade student, is organizing an effort to provide support to the homeless population in Detroit’s Cass Corridor. In conjunction with the Ladies of Charity, Michael and his family will deliver donations to warming shelters. Donations of hats, gloves, scarves, gently used totes, gym bags or luggage would be appreciated. Donations are being accepted through February 29. Thank you for your support!
The Mission of St. Hugo of the Hills School is to provide students with an educational experience in which the teachings of the Catholic faith are instilled, nurtured, and demonstrated. These teachings constitute an integral part of the school’s academic program and the St. Hugo community. Strengthened by the values inherent in these teachings, students and staff are challenge to live with the conviction that,
as followers of Jesus, it must be different with us.