Parent Bulletin | April 20,2015
CONGRATULATIONS to St. Hugo School graduates Hugh Flynn and Robert Connolly, and their families, who were recognized as National Merit Scholarship Winners scoring in the top 5% nationwide on the PSAT. We are very proud of all our grads and especially so for these great young men!
DID YOU KNOW that on our website you can press the button that says “Resources” and find all kinds of parent information including the weekly Parent Bulletin, parking lot duty, lunch menu, and a variety of school forms. Any information sent electronically can be easily uploaded to the website.
WELCOME to Mrs. Kelly Ryan who will be the Office Manager beginning in August, 2015. Kelly is currently covering for Mrs. Schoenfeldt (soon to become a grandma!) in the copy room and also “shadowing” in the office.
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Wed., April 22 and Thurs., April 23: Please send in CLEAN, RETURNABLE bottles and cans as part of our effort to be “green” and maintain our Evergreen status! The first graders are raising money to once again adopt an animal at the Detroit Zoo. Thank you for your help with this project!
- Thurs., April 23 at 7:00 p.m. “Passing on the Faith” will be presented at Christ, Our Light! Catholic Church on Coolidge Rd. just south of Big Beaver. This presentation is intended for parents of elementary, middle school or high school students. (See attached flyer)
- Thurs., April 23 a panel of experts on Mental Health issues will be in the parish hall from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Stephanie Prechter, an advocate for mental health based on her personal journey w/bipolar disorder and the tragic passing/suicide of her dad, will be featured. Please let Ann Bartoli know if you are interested in coming.
- Fri. April 24: This is the deadline for eighth grade students/parents to order the 8th Grade Legacy Book that was on display at the Auction. Anyone interested in purchasing this beautiful book should email Germaine Bielkie at email@example.com. The cost is $95 and checks should be made payable to St. Hugo School and can be sent through “kid mail” through Katie Bielkie, D-8.
- Sat., April 25 and Sun. April 26: Celebration of First Communion for our second graders! Congratulations to these students and their families!
- Fri., May 1: Kindergarten Round-up for incoming new Kinders. NO CLASSES FOR CURRENT KINDERS!
- Wed. May 6: Grandparents/Special Persons Day for grades 5-8. Mass and May Crowning at 8:30 a.m. in the church, followed by a short visit to classrooms.
- Thurs. May 7: Grandparents/Special Persons Day for grades K-4. Mass and May Crowning at 8:30 a.m. in the church, followed by a short visit to classrooms.
- NOTE: Parents who are bringing grandparents/special friends should drop their students off (on time) in the regular way then take their guests to church and get them seated so we can start Mass in a timely fashion. Thank you!
- The PTG is looking for nominations for next year’s officers: President-elect, Secretary and Treasurer-elect. Please send names to Laurie MacMichael, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4.
- Thurs. May 14: Testing at 8 a.m. in the Fr. Esper Room for incoming first graders who did not attend St. Hugo kindergarten.
- Fri. May 15 and Sat. May 16: “Shrek, Jr.” produced by St. Hugo junior high students. Tickets for evening performances will be available soon! Don’t miss this outstanding production!
- Thurs. May 21: Non-uniform day for families who purchased (for $10) this privilege at the Auction. You can still participate by sending your (tax-deductible) $10 check made out to St. Hugo School before May 21.
- Fri. May 22-Mon. May 25: Memorial Weekend, no classes.
A huge Thank You to the Auction Chairs, Susan Roberts, Kim Petrucci, Karla Mekani and Sarah Jankowski, all the committee chairs and all the parents who worked, and who supported this year’s Auction! Their hard work netted over $175,000.00 for our school.
Congratulations to the Fatur Family who won the $500 “early bird special” for having their $300 worth of raffle tickets (or donation of $300) in by last Friday’s drawing! Remember all families must have their obligation taken care of by Friday, May 8, when the really big drawing takes place. First prize is $5000, 2nd is $3000 and 3rd prize is $1000!!
Teachers and staff appreciated the beautiful and delicious array of snacks provided for the staff meeting last Tuesday by our Teacher Appreciation volunteer families: Atisha, Benedict, Grace, Jacob, Berrino/Milanesio, VanNorwick, Wachowiak, Williams and Zidar.
A big Thank You also to Lily Higgins, Catherine Carter, Clair Ruschak Yana Higgins and Caroline Carter who had a lemonade stand on Saturday and decided to donate the money they made ($23.65) to our school “because we truly love St. Hugo School!”
Last but not least we thank the Junior High Teachers and students who organized the Dodge Ball Tournament, and all who participated and attended. Over $1000 was raised to go to South Sudan to help educate teachers. Congratulations and thank you!
HIGH SCHOOL TUTORING SESSIONS have ended for this school year. Thanks to the Brother Rice students who helped with this project and all the students who participated!
ENGRAVED BRICK PAVERS are available at this time of the year to honor Graduates, First Communicants, Families, or to honor someone special. The cost is $200. Find the form on our website. Questions? Contact Meghan Zidar at email@example.com.