Parent Bulletin | April 11, 2016
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Friday, April 15 – 7th/8th grade dance, gym
- Friday, April 15 – raffle early bird drawing
- Friday, April 15 – non-uniform day for selling all raffle tickets or making $300 donation
- Saturday, April 16 – Solo & Ensemble, Waldon Middle School
- Friday, April 22 – deadline to order lunches for May
- Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 – First Communion
- Wednesday, May 4 – Special Person’s Mass, grades 5 – 8, details to follow
- Thursday, May 5 – Special Person’s Mass, Grades K – 4, details to follow
- Friday, May 6 – raffle drawing
EACH YEAR A PARENT TEACHER GUILD (PTG) is formed. The PTG is comprised of a president, president-elect (who becomes president the following year), treasurer, treasurer-elect (who becomes treasurer the following year), and secretary. The function of the PTG is to assist in the coordination of fundraising activities, formation of volunteer groups, and parent sponsored activities of the school. The PTG also serves as a liaison between the parent body and the principal. The nomination committee of the PTG is seeking nominees for the 2016-2017 school year. Please submit your nominations to Allison Mayette, firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 1.
- The 6th grade! Their bake sale last week raised $440 for Catholic Relief Services.
- Joseph Mutone, a 2012 graduate of St. Hugo, on earning a four year scholarship to attend the University of Michigan after auditioning on the pipe organ.
- Hugo alums David and Joseph Mutone who earned 3rd place in the national piano duet competition at the Music Teachers National Association conference in San Antonio. They won at the state and regional levels to make it to nationals.
- The Vocations Essay finalists! 7th grade girls: 1st place – Gillian Donoghue, 2nd place – Coco Chinonis, 3rd place – Megan DeFrancesco, 4th place – Elena Schwegman. 7th grade boys: 1st place – Paul Silaghi, 2nd place – Christian Sharkas, 3rd place – Peter Burg, 4th place – Timmy Nelson. 8th grade girls: 1st place – Tess Mervenne, 2nd place – Marissa Ernat, 3rd place – Brooke Davis, 4th place – Kathryn West. 8th grade boys: 1st place – Michael Albano, 2nd place – Sam Caradonna, 3rd place – Mike DeFrancesco, 4th place – William Nichols. Thank you to all that participated!
- Herman’s class and Mr. Dooley’s class on their creative classroom bookmarks in celebration of March Reading Awareness Month! Both classrooms have earned a pizza party on Friday, April 15.
- 7th and 8th grade on a successful Charity Dodge Ball event that supported Catholic Relief Services. In the final match an 8th grade girls team battled an 8th grade boys team with the boys squeaking out the win. The champions this year are the Tune Squad – Ray Margherio, Danny Ervin, DJ Dixon, Sean Meehan and Evan Patterson – back-to-back champions.
THANK YOU TO:
- The wonderful group of ladies that kept our school lice free this year! Amanda Malina, Ann Mutone, Cherly Abarca, Doris Hanna, Gina Rook, Heather Namy, Julie Gardillo, Kati Becker, Kitty Dickson, Kristin Ruschak, Kristin Mushovic, Marie Obeid, Watcharee Chaiyasate.
- 7th and 8th grade parents for volunteering and supporting the Charity Dodge Ball event.
ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 4-8 need to bring a sweatshirt and a pair of sweat pants to school for Physical Education. They do not need to be St. Hugo gym sweats. Weather permitting, we will begin going outside for gym class.
7TH AND 8TH GRADE DANCE is Friday, April 15 from 6:00pm-8:00pm in the gym. Admission is $10 and students will have the option to purchase candy at the dance or make a donation to support the Flint Water Supply Crisis. We hope to see all 7th and 8th graders on the dance floor!
THE NEXT SCRIP ORDER is due Monday, April 11 by 10:00am. Your order will be available for pickup in the school office on Friday afternoon, April 15. Order online at www.shopwithscrip.com. Your login is your email address and it can email your password. Make your check payable to St. Hugo PTG (write SCRIP on the memo line) and send to the office by Wednesday, April 13 or pay with Prestopay (debit from your bank account). Check out the limited time special rebate at JC Penney (6%) and Meijer (5%). Contact Beth Nunning, email@example.com, for more information.
BBFA PRESENTION “True Colors – True Parenting” on Tuesday, April 19 from 10:00am-11:30am at the Doyle/Booth Center, 7275 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills. This is a free presentation and no advance sign up is required.
ATTENTION! 8TH GRADE STUDENTS planning on attending Brother Rice High School! If you would like to apply for the Jeffery Ureel Scholarship, please turn in your two page essay to Sister Margaret by Monday, May 2. See Mrs. Bartoli with any questions.
LOOKING FOR EDUCATIONAL SUMMER ACTIVITIES? Consider checking out Marygrove College. For more information contact Theresa Jordan, 313-927-1261.