MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, January 30– 8:30 am Mass, parent reception following, $1 donation (or more) to Tuition Angels
- Tuesday, January 30– Daddy/Daughter Dance registration forms due
- January 28 – February 2– Catholic Schools Week (details attached)
- Friday, February 2– 8th-grade bazaar, gym
- Friday, February 2– Daddy/Daughter Dance, gym, 6:30 pm
- Sunday, February 4 – Annual Scout Mass, 8:00 am, church
- Monday, February 5– no afternoon bus service, dismissal: 3:15 pm – carpool, 3:30 pm – bus and walkers
- Thursday, February 8– Middle School Preview Night, 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 13– $1 non-uniform day, proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (details below)
- Thursday, February 15– deadline to order March lunches
- Charlotte Mustion! Charlotte was last week’s TRACK winner. She was nominated by Mrs. Mueller for showing initiative in the classroom. Keep up the good work, Charlotte!
- Sophia and Isabella Jacob! They were the winners of last week’s Auction Item of the Week! Sophia, Isabella, and their K2 classmates will be enjoying cookies and milk on Wednesday!
HELP WANTED! We are looking for somebody to help in the cafeteria on Fridays. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Vincler. This is a paid position.
AS PART OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK we will be collecting items for our 7th & 8th graders to take with them to the various charities they will be assisting. We will begin collecting the following items on Wednesday, January 24 through Wednesday, January 31 at 8:30 am:
Kindergarten Readiness – 2nd grade – dry pasta, cereal
3rd – 4th grade – toiletries (shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, etc, – any size)
5th grade – paper products (napkins, paper towel, toilet paper)
6th grade – socks (men’s and women’s)
Red, white and Blue Day.
FEBRUARY BOOK CLUB Any students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. February’s book will be Lemons by Melissa Savage. The book club will be $60 for a 3-week session (February 2, 9, & 23). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included in the 3-week session. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, email@example.com, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s book club.
LEUKEMIA AND LYMPHOMA SOCIETY NON-UNIFORM DAY St. Hugo alums Kylie Scott and Gabrielle Grace are co-candidates in the Students of the Year program for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Over a seven-week period, the girls are organizing campaigns to raise money for LLS. Gabrielle’s younger brother, Charlie, is an acute myeloid leukemia survivor and the Kylie and Gabrielle’s campaign, Team Charlie’s Angels, is in Charlie’s honor. Please consider supporting our alums and this worthy cause.
IT’S TIME FOR OUR NEXT BOX TOP drive so remember to keep clipping and sending them in over the next few weeks. The deadline to submit is February 23, there is a lot of time to show your support in this easy and fun way! Our last Box Top drive raised $1,115 and was used to purchase needed supplies for our classrooms. Our next drive will be used to start a library renovation. So let’s all support Mrs. Braet and help her improve the library for our children. Box Tops really do add up! Here is a list of what your Box Tops have already given our school this year: 48 pairs of scissors for latchkey and the library, 9 hole punches, a 3-hole punch, a tape dispenser, a Spanish-English dictionary, 72 privacy desk partitions, 16 pack of Expo dry erase markers, set of public speaking DVD’s for junior high, 12 packs of washable crayons, 30 glue sticks, 6 packs of Crayola washable markers, 5 student dictionaries, 15 scrapbooking hole punches, and 24 Popplet apps for our school Ipads. It is amazing the impact you can make just by clipping some Box Tops!