MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
· January 22 – 26 – Vision Screening (PreK, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th grade)
· Tuesday, January 23 – CSW pizza order forms due
· Thursday, January 25 – CSW bagel order due
· Friday, January 26 – non-uniform day for students who assisted with Open House (if you are not sure, please check with Mrs. Kurn, Mr. Pacifico, Ms. Bitzinger, or Miss Calvaneso)
· Friday, January 26 – Science Exchange (see details below)
· Friday, January 26 – no PM bus service, dismissal as follows: 3:15 pm – carpool families, 3:30 pm bus families and walkers
· Monday, January 29 – RSVP’s to Daddy/Daughter Dance due
· January 28 – February 2 – Catholic Schools Week (details attached)
· Friday, February 2 – 8th-grade bazaar, gym
· Friday, February 2 – Daddy/Daughter Dance, gym
· Sunday, February 4 – Annual Scout Mass, 8:00 am, church
· Thursday, February 8 – Middle School Preview Night, 6:30 pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO: · Our second graders who made their First Reconciliation this past Saturday!
· Francesca Daogaru! Francesca was last week’s TRACK winner. She was observed by Mrs. Tedescu in the cafeteria, volunteering to wash tables. Keep up the great work, Francesca!
· Sophia and Isabella Jacob! They were the winners of last week’s Auction Item of the Week! Sophia, Isabella, and their K2 classmates will be enjoying cookies and milk on Wednesday!
HELP WANTED! We are looking for somebody to help in the cafeteria on Fridays. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Vincler.
SPRING SPORTS UPDATE: St. Hugo will be fielding the following teams this spring: boys 7th/8th grade lacrosse, boys 4th/5th/6th grade lacrosse, 7th/8th-grade baseball, 4th/5th/6th-grade baseball, and 4th/5th/6th-grade softball. If you registered for a team and we are unable to field it, your registration check will be returned to you.
THE ART ROOM:
· Thank you, Mrs. Del Pup, for washing the art room smocks!
· Ms. Bitzinger’s pet rabbit, Pickles, will be visiting the art room next week. If your child has allergies, please contact Ms. Bitzinger to make accommodations
AS PART OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK we will be collecting items for our 7th & 8th graders to take with them to the various charities they will be assisting. We will begin collecting the following items on Wednesday, January 24 through Wednesday, January 31 at 8:30 am:
Kindergarten Readiness – 2nd grade – dry pasta, cereal
3rd – 4th grade – toiletries (shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, etc, – any size)
5th grade – paper products (napkins, paper towel, toilet paper)
6th grade – socks (men’s and women’s)
THE HEADROOM PARENT COMMITTEE is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch to the students on Thursday, Feb 1st during our annual Catholic Schools Week Pizza day. Please click on the following link to sign up http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080a48a8a92da46-csw2018
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK PIZZA DAY If your student will not be ordering pizza they will need to bring a lunch from home. There will not be any cafeteria service on Thursday, February 1.
FEBRUARY BOOK CLUB Any students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. February’s book will be Lemons by Melissa Savage. The book club will be $60 for a 3-week session (February 2, 9, & 23). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included in the 3-week session. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, email@example.com, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s book club.
REMINDER Applications for Tuition Assistance through the Archdiocese of Detroit is now underway. The online applications can be found at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3YQ41. Please be advised the Archdiocese has hard deadlines. If you apply for Tuition Assistance and are denied, please know that you can still apply for Tuition Angels relief through St. Hugo School. Contact Mrs. Ryan for a Tuition Angels application.
SCIENCE EXCHANGE is Friday, January 26, 2018. Students should drop off their experiment in the gym between 7:45am-8: 00 am on Friday. Al