|MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
• January 11 – 22 – PowerSchool shutdown
• Wednesday, January 17 – deadline to register for spring sports
• Friday, January 19 – deadline to order lunches for February
• Saturday, January 20 – First Reconciliation, 11:00 am, Church
• Sunday, January 21 – Open House for prospective families, 11:00am-2: 00 pm
• Monday, January 22 – 2nd quarter report cards available for viewing at 4:00 pm on PowerSchool
• January 22 – 26 – Vision Screening (PreK, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th grade)
• Friday, January 26 – Science Exchange
• Monday, January 29 – RSVP’s to Daddy/Daughter Dance due
• January 28 – February 2 – Catholic Schools Week (more details to follow)
• Friday, February 2 – 8th-grade bazaar, gym
• Friday, February 2 – Daddy/Daughter Dance, gymCONGRATULATIONS TO:
- Jose Segura! Jose was nominated by Mrs. Budiongan for helping out in the hallway. Keep up the good work, Jose!
- Our Geography Bee winners! 5th place – Anthony Manni, Melissa Zwolinski, John Torok, and Blake Bluthardt, 4th place – Molly Quakenbush, 3rd place – Robert Silaghi, Elle Ervin, and Anya Keena, 2nd place – Natalie Burg, and our 2018 Geography Bee champion is Declan Smith!
|PARENTS OF GIRLS IN 3RD – 5TH GRADES sign up now to receive a free GIFT and enroll your daughter in “Girls on the Run”. It is a 10 week season beginning the week of March 12 and ending the week of May 21. The purpose of the program is to inspire girls and make them feel empowered, self-aware, and increase their self-esteem. We also run…although that is not the focus of the program. Please see the attached flyer to sign up. If you have any questions contact Ann Bartoli at Ann.Bartoli@sthugoschool.org.
BOX TOPS ARE BACK! It is time for our next Box Tops drive so remember to keep clipping and sending them in over the next couple of weeks. The deadline to send in Box Tops is February 23 so you have a lot of time to show your support in this easy and fun way! Our last Box Tops drive raised $1,115 and is being used to purchase needed supplies for our classrooms. Our next drive will be used to start a much-needed library renovation – let’s all support Mrs. Braet and help improve our library for our students!
SPRING SPORTS UPDATE: 7/8 baseball – 3, 4/5/6 baseball – 8, 7/8 softball – 3, 4/5/6 softball – 11, 7/8 boys LAX – 6, 5/6 boys LAX – 11
• We are looking for somebody to help in the cafeteria on Fridays. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Vincler.
• PTG is looking for volunteers to lead new family tours at the Open House. If interested, contact Mrs. Colleen O’Brien, email@example.com, (248)821-1331.
THE HEADROOM PARENT COMMITTEE is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch to the students on Thursday, Feb. 1st during our annual Catholic Schools Week Pizza day. Please click on the following link to sign up http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080a48a8a92da46-csw2018
Watch for an Auction newsletter today coming today from firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Congratulations to Addison Sullivan! Addison was the winner of last week’s Item of the Week.