November 27, 2017
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Monday, November 27 – registration for the 2018 Science Fair opens, details below
- Tuesday, November 28 – order SCRIP by 10:00 am for delivery by Friday, December 1, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Tuesday, November 28 – register to attend Jingle & Mingle by the end of the day to earn a non-uniform day for your family
- Wednesday, November 29 – Reconciliation, grades 3-8
- Thursday, November 30 – Grade 2 parent and student Sacrament meeting, 6:00pm-7: 30 pm, Church – only if you did not attend on November 16
- Thursday, November 30 – Jingle & Mingle, 7:00 pm, Pine Lake Country Club – get your ticket today! See flyer for more detail.
- Friday, December 1 – mid-quarter
- December 5, 6, 7 – Santa Shoppe, Library, with the schedule coming home soon!
- Wednesday, December 6 – deadline to donate toys to the Ladies of Charity Christmas toy drive
- Friday, December 8 – non-uniform day for families that registered to attend Jingle & Mingle by November 28
- December 7 or 14 – 8th-grade parent and student Confirmation meeting, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm, Church
- Wednesday, December 13 – deadline to register for the 2018 Science Exchange
- Thursday, December 14 – Jazz Band and Vocal Vikings concert at Woodward Hills Nursing Center, 4:00 pm
- Friday, December 15 – deadline to order January lunches
- Friday, December 15 – payment for Science Exchange due
- Wednesday, December 20 – Annual Christmas Pageant, 1:30 pm parent performance, Gym (Kindergarten Readiness – 2nd grade, Band, and Vocal Vikings)
- Wednesday, December 20 – Band and Vocal Vikings Annual Christmas Concert, 7:00 pm, Gym
- Friday, December 22 – No school, Christmas break begins
ATTENTION PARENTS! All afternoon carpool traffic should be exiting the parking lot using the lower parking lot (between the Church and the Chapel). No vehicles should be exiting via Hickory Grove Road!
- The 7th-grade Quiz Bowl team. They placed 10th out of 25 teams. Thank you, Mrs. Mueller!
- The 8th-grade Quiz Bowl team. They placed 4th out of 29 teams. Thank you, Mrs. Budiongan!
- The boy’s 4th-grade basketball team. They are the 2017 Champions of the Our Lady of Sorrows Thanksgiving Tournament. Way to go boys!
- The 6th-grade girl’s basketball team. They are the 2017 Champions of the Our Lady of Sorrows Thanksgiving Tournament. Way to go girls!
- HUGO SCIENCE EXCHANGE registration is now open! Click the following link to begin registration: https://sites.google.com/a/sthugoschool.org/science-exchange/home/documents
THE GEOGRAPHY BEE will be held on Wednesday, January 10 from 3:45 pm-5:00 pm. Sign up forms will go out this week and will be due on Thursday, December 21.
LADIES OF CHARITY CHRISTMAS BASKET DRIVE will begin today and run through Wednesday, December 6. The Ladies of Charity will be preparing Christmas baskets for over 200 needy families. St. Hugo students and their families have always been supportive and generous. Once again we are asking you to help by bringing in new, unwrapped books, toys, games, teen items, and sports items.
Kindergarten Readiness – Grade 2: cars, trucks, blocks, craft kits, dolls, small trains sets, etc.
Grades 3-5: building toys, Legos, Lincoln logs, craft kits, building sets, etc.
Grade 6: new books and board games
Grades 7-8: new, unused teen items such as make-up kits, sports items, handheld games, jewelry, purses, etc.
LADIES JINGLE & MINGLE – Join us as we support A Night with the Stars Auction with a Ladies Jingle & Mingle on November 30 at Pine Lake Country Club. Tickets are going fast so please send in your form soon!
HOLIDAY SHOPPING? As you prepare for the Christmas season or shop the Cyber Monday deals, please consider picking up a special something for the St. Hugo Auction. All donations are welcome and greatly appreciated!
DECEMBER BOOK CLUB Any students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. December’s book will the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. We will be watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as well to compare the book and movie. Book club will be $60 for a 3-week session (December 1, 8, & 15). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, email@example.com, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s book club.
THANK YOU TO ALL who support St. Hugo using their Kroger Rewards Card! This past quarter we earned over $350. To support St. Hugo using your Kroger Rewards Card go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com.
DETROIT LACROSSE CLUB WINTER TRAINING Registration is now open! Deadline to sign up is December 10 and the academy is expected to fill up quickly as space is limited. These academies are designed to work each week on a specific theme and will elevate each player’s knowledge of the entire girl’s game. The coaches will be using the latest drills taught to reinforce a higher level of stick skills and field knowledge. Players will work together in groups based on their age and individual strengths so that each player is challenged. 10-week program on Wednesdays from 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm for girls in 7th and 8th grade. To register, go to www.thedetroitlacrosseclub.com/register. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-941-1550.
- HUGO AUCTION WINE WALL is accepting donations! Please drop off your wine donation in the front office marked “Auction” – include your name, address and phone number for donation purposes. We are looking for $15-$25 per bottle value for this project. Contact Carolyn Still-Love, email@example.com, or Kelly Thalmann, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have larger quantities that you would like to meet at pick up for. Thank you for your participation and generosity! Our goal is 150 bottles.
- HUGO…ARE YOU READY TO ROCK YOUR RIDE? Jeff Wayne and family are proud to bring CycleBar, Premier Indoor Cycling, to our hometown of Bloomfield Hills! Come join us for the most intoxicating fitness experience of your life in our state-of-the-art CycleTheaterbooming with IMAX quality sound and video. Classes are led by our inspiring and high-energy CycleStar instructors. We help you measure your success such as calories burned, distance, class ranking, and much more. To kick off the celebration, we are giving away 5,000 complimentary rides. Our upcoming Grand Opening events include: 100 private group or public rides, complimentary water bottles and purified water, fresh towels, digital lockers, fresh fruit, aromatherapy, big discounts for future rides. From November 13th – December 3rd: Complimentary GROUP rides for up to 47 riders per class. This is an opportunity for you to champion a healthy and energizing event for your co-workers, team members, friends, and employees. To request a GROUP ride, email Katie.Connor@CycleBarBloomfieldHills.com. Complimentary INDIVIDUAL rides will also be offered for you, your friends, and family who want to experience what all the buzz is about. To join us for the fun, go to www:bloomfield hills cyclebar.com, your name and email address will be added to our invite list for our upcoming Grand Opening rides beginning next week. We will also be donating ride packages to the St. Hugo Auction, so keep your eyes open for those.
THE HEALTHY FOOD COMMITTEE is looking for volunteers! If you have knowledge or passion for healthier food alternatives for our school, please join us! Contact Tressa Joseph, email@example.com, or Mishel Abdou, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information on how to get involved.
WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE that St. Hugo is part of the AmazonSmile program! Shop and earn .5% on all eligible Amazon purchases. This money will go right back to our school! It’s super easy! Here is how it works:
- The first step is to click on the link below to set St. Hugo of the Hills Catholic as your charitable organization:
- Go to amazon.com (NOT Amazon.com) every time you want to shop! You will notice that the AmazonSmile home page will look exactly the same as your Amazon home page AND that your login/password, account information, Prime membership, shopping cart status, etc. is the exact same and will automatically pop up. The items and prices are the same, the prime shipping benefits are the same. It’s a seamless transition! The only difference is the website you are shopping on.
This is a super easy way to earn money for our school! Please share the link with family members, friends, neighbors, etc. and St. Hugo will earn .5 % on all of their purchases. Please contact Colleen O’Brien, email@example.com with questions.