MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
· Monday, May 14 – Screenagers, parent viewing, 7:00 pm, library
· Tuesday, May 15 – Field Day 2018 t-shirt designs due
· Wednesday, May 16 – Testing, incoming 1st graders, 8:30 am, kindergarten classrooms
· Tuesday, May 22 – beginning with clap out at school (8:20 am), school Mass, celebrating parent’s who’s youngest is graduating from St. Hugo
· Tuesday, May 22 – 8th-grade Awards, Chapel, 10:00 am
· Wednesday, May 23 – 8th-grade graduation, 7:00 pm, Church
· Thursday, May 24 – Auction non-uniform day for those that purchased the item.
· Friday, May 25 – No school, Memorial Day Weekend
· Monday, May 28 – No school, Memorial Day Weekend
· Tuesday, June 5 – Field Day, details to follow
PARKING LOT DUTY: – Monday – Marini, Marougy, McGrath; Tuesday – McKay, Mikel, Murphy; Wednesday – Monroe, Montales, Mojares; Thursday – New, Nittis, O’Brien; Friday – O’Hare, Obeid, Ong. If you are unable to fulfill your obligation, please trade with another family. Thank you!
· Elle Ervin and the 6th-grade ambassadors! The ambassadors were nominated by Mr. Vincler for being friendly and courteous to our kindergarten round-up families. Keep up the good work!
· Mr. Pacifico and the cast and crew of Beauty and the Beast, Jr. on a spectacular performance!
· The St. Hugo alums graduating from Marian High School!
· To St. Hugo Alum, Christopher VanDieren, on a perfect ACT score!
THE MOVIE “SCREENAGERS” is going to be shown to St. Hugo families at 7:00 pm on Monday, May 14 in the St. Hugo School library. The cost is free for all St. Hugo families because the Quaine Family has graciously sponsored this event for the school. The film will also be shown to St. Hugo students in grades 3-8 during the day on Wednesday, May 16. The film answers many questions about social media and video game playing including what happens to student’s brains when playing these games, what happens when these devices are allowed in school and potential solutions for parents.
The movie is being shown all over the nation and we feel very blessed to be able to show it at St. Hugo School. To register to see this film, click on the website below. The cost is $0 but the experience will be invaluable! Please attend so that you can discuss these important issues with your student.
THE 2018 FUN RUN COMMITTEE is looking for volunteers to shadow this year and join the committee for 2019. Fun Run is a popular family event held in September. If interested or just want more information, please contact Deanne Seifert, email@example.com, or Ann Lazar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO SOME GOOD! In memory of St. Hugo Alum, Alex Thoresen, who passed away after a battle with cancer, we will be collecting toiletries (travel size deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc) to be donated to the Ladies of Charity. While Alex greatly appreciated that family and friends kept him in their thoughts and prayers, his greatest wish was for those around him to perform an act of kindness for a stranger – to spread a little love on his behalf to make him feel better during his challenging time. Please consider making a donation in Alex’s memory. Donations will be accepted in the office through May 24. Thank you for your consideration!
MRS. BRAET IS LOOKING FOR GENTLY used children’s board games and or card games for the library. These games will be used as part of the end of the year library activities as well as future activities and centers in the library. If you would like to donate board games to the library please send them to Mrs. Braet.