April 9, 2018 Welcome Back!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
• April 12 & 13 – 6th Grade Lenten Bake Sale, during lunch, see flyer for details
• April 13 – 16 – Computer and electronics recycling, see flyer for details
• Friday, April 13 – 7th/8th grade charity dodgeball, gym
• Saturday, April 14 – Band Solo & Ensemble Festival, Waldon Middle School
• Monday, April 16 – check report cards on PowerSchool, after 4:00 pm
• Friday, April 20 – Reconciliation, grades 3-8
• Thursday, April 26 – ALICE presentation, presented by Bloomfield Hills Police, Officer Furlong, 6:30pm-8: 30 pm, Gym
• Saturday, April 28 – First Communion, 11:00 am
• Sunday, April 29 – First Communion, 2:00 pm
• Wednesday, May 2 – Special Person’s Mass grades 5-8, 8:00 am, Church, light reception to follow
• Thursday, May 3 – Special Person’s Mass grades PreK-4, 8:00 am, Church, light reception to follow
• Tuesday, May 8 – Healing Mass, Church, details below
• Friday, May 11 – Kindergarten Round-up for registered families only, 9:00 am, Library
• Saturday, May 12 – Lighthouse Hunger Walk, see flyer for details
THANK YOU SR. MARGARET, for being a mystery reader during March is Reading!
THANK YOU, FR. TIM, for coming to talk to our 7th-grade religion classes about your trip to Jerusalem!
PARKING LOT DUTY: – Monday – Turkot, Vachon, Vandrie, Tuesday – Vaupel, Weidenbach, Wells, Wednesday – Bata, Wieczorek, Wybo, Thursday – Wyciskalla, Yaldo, Zora, Friday – Abdou, Abdulnoor, Abro, F. If you are unable to fulfill your obligation, please trade with another family. Thank you!
JUNIOR HIGH DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT! Please come watch the junior high students compete in our annual charity Dodgeball Tournament. All welcome! Proceeds this year benefit the Ladies of Charity. Admission at the door $5. Presale tickets for students in grades 3-8 are $5 AND automatic entry into the tournament raffle. Please come and cheer on your favorite team and support the Ladies of Charity!
• Adrianne Kosin! Adrianne was last week’s TRACK winner. Adrianne was nominated by Mrs. Davis for being friendly, and respectful to a student in the classroom. Keep up the good work, Adrianne!
• The 2nd graders who, with the help of 1st grade, raised $455 with our Easter Basket Raffle. This money will go to the Ladies of Charity for our Lenten project!
• The first-grade girls 2018 Eddie O basketball champions!
MORNING DROP-OFF Please be sure to say your morning goodbyes before getting into the carpool drop-off line. Students should be exiting from the passenger side of the car – parents should remain in their vehicle and let the morning carpool volunteers assist students with backpacks, etc. Thank you!
THANK YOU TO ALL for an outstanding March is Reading Month! Mrs. Braet was very impressed with the number of students that participated in all of the March is Reading Month activities. As always, the classroom bookmarks were wonderful to view in the hallways. This year’s winning classroom bookmark, who will receive a pizza party in April is . . . . Miss Estes’ 1st-grade class! The following are winners of the student bookmark contest for grades K-3 who will receive a $10 gift card: Delaney Nykerk, Hudson Kindt, Madison Gorcyca, Lindsey Schwegman, and Molly Rudnick. Following are the winners of the student book trailer in grades 4-8 who will receive a $25 gift card: Coral Weidenbach, and Abby Chaiyasate. Finally, those students who turned in their 15 book challenge in grades PreK-3 will be invited to a party with Mrs. Braet in April during school – more details to come!
APRIL BOOK CLUB Students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. April’s book will be The Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni. Book Club will be $60 for a 3-week session (April 13, 20, 27). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included in the 3-week session. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, email@example.com, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s Book Club.
THE NEXT CLAY CLASS will be held Thursdays, April 12th, and 19th from dismissal to 4:45 PM. Please send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45.00. Open to Grades 1 – 8. Kinders may attend if an older sibling is also signed up.
THE 45TH ANNUAL ST. HUGO OF THE HILLS HEALING MASS, sponsored by the Altar Guild, will be held on Tuesday, May 8 at 11:00 am. A luncheon will be served after Mass in the Parish Hall. To better accommodate your needs, please RSVP to Bonnie Gentilia, 248-650-2223, or Mary Lou Kopmeyer, 248-642-2072.
THE BIRMINGHAM BLOOMFIELD COMMUNITY COALITION is offering a free skill- and relationship-building program to families of 10- to 14-year-olds called the Strengthening Families Program. You must sign up for the program by Tuesday, April 10th. Both dinner and childcare will be provided. To register, contact Carol Mastroianni at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (248) 203-4615. Families are asked to register by Tuesday, April 10. For more information check out this website:
THE LADIES OF CHARITY would like to thank the students of St. Hugo for their generous donations during Lent that will allow them to continue to provide for those in need. The Ladies of Charity appreciate your dedication, support, and prayers!