March 19, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
• March 27 – April 16 – PowerSchool shut down
• Wednesday, March 21 – Book exchange, see attached flyer
• Friday, March 23 – No school kindergarten readiness due to conferences
• Saturday, March 24 – MUN to East Lansing, MI
• Wednesday, March 28 – End of 3rd quarter
• March 29 – April 6 – Easter Vacation
• Friday, April 13 – 7th/8th-grade charity dodgeball, gym
THANK YOU FR. TONY for coming to visit our third-grade last week
PARKING LOT DUTY: – Monday – Samona, Royer, Schwegman, Tuesday – Sackman, Scott, Scutt, Wednesday – Segura, Seifert, Shammami, Thursday – Sigler, Simpson, Smith, C, Friday – Rodriguez, Smith, R, Spadafore. If you are unable to fulfill your obligation, please trade with another family. Thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS TO: Michela Reale! Michela was last week’s TRACK winner. Michela was nominated by Mr. Vincler for being friendly, respectful, showing initiative, and trustworthy behavior on the playground.
APRIL BOOK CLUB: Students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. April’s book will be The Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni. Book Club will be $60 for a 3-week session (April 13, 20, 27). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included in the 3-week session. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s Book Club.
PUBLIC LIBRARY VISITS FOR PRIZES DURING MARCH IS READING MONTH: Any student, during the month of March, who visits their public library will receive a small prize when they bring Mrs. Braet their public library book receipt. Students can earn multiple small prizes if multiple visits are made to their public library. Please note, one prize per a weekly public library visit. Students must be able to voice what books they checked out at their public library to Mrs. Braet when claiming their prize.
ART DEPARTMENT NEWS: The Fine Arts Open House was a great success and the school is looking fantastic. Thank you to everyone who participated and attended for supporting the arts here at Hugo! The following Visual Arts winners were chosen by Juliana Schewe, the art teacher at L’Anse Creuse. She has her MFA in Photography/Video and MAT in Art Education. She currently works in mixed media using fabric and paint.
• Grade 4 Sumi Chinese Paintings: 1st- Tatym Williams, 2nd – Fernanda Segura, 3rd- Mary Rose Montales, HM- Aidan Madany, Bode Kindt, Siena Jankowski
• Grade 5 Modeling Clay Landscapes: 1st- Abigail Chaiyasate, 2nd- Leila Mains, 3rd- Brenden Bieth, HM- Sophia Vitello, Addison Mikel, Nico Fandino
• Grade 6 Greek Vases: 1st- Jazzelle Yaldo, 2nd- Sydney Burke, 3rd- Ryan Wells, HM- Rita Hajjar, Maggie Scott
• Grade 6 Mandala Design: 1st- Molly O’Brien, 2nd- Anastacia Wachowiak, 3rd- Joseph Joulakh, HM- Connor Monroe, Natalie Stanczak, Samuel Karrick
• Grade 7/8 Ceramic Cross: 1st- Maria VanDieren, 2nd- Charlotte Mustion, 3rd- Tess Kraemer, HM- Jose Segura, Blake Bluthardt, Haley Guerra
• Grade 7/8 Animal Collage: 1st- Lauren St. Andre, 2nd- Xavier Chow, 3rd- Jenna Okka HM- Kate Dickson
• Advanced Art 7/8 Altered Album: 1st – Audry Ong
The Art Department would like to extend a heARTful thank you to the following parents who helped hang artwork for Fine Arts Open House: Laura Sabagh, Cherly Abarca, Victoria De Varona, Melissa Williams, Megan Kindt, Gina Thomas, Sarah Jankowski, Michael Jankowski, Allison Mayette, Sandy Orow, Arlene Curioca, Carolyn Love and Kati Becker. The following students helped mount and label the artworks during their recess time: LeCari Simpson, Molly Quakenbush, Keira Maher, Francesca Diaguru, Leila Mains, Valentina Namen, Morgan Thurman, Addison Mikel and Grace Pallisco. Everyone’s donation of time and talent is truly appreciated and made for another great event.
THE NEXT CLAY CLASS will be held Thursdays, April 12 and 19 from dismissal to 4:45 pm. Please send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45.00. Open to Grades 1 – 8. Kinders may attend if an older sibling is also signed up.