MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
• Thursday, March 15 – Fine Arts Open House, 7:00pm-8: 30 pm
• Friday, March 16 – No school
• Friday, March 16 – Deadline to order April lunches
• March 19-22 – 8th grade Washington, DC trip
• Wednesday, March 21 – Book exchange, see attached flyer
• Saturday, March 24 – MUN, East Lansing
• March 27 – April 16 – PowerSchool shut down
• Wednesday, March 28 – End of 3rd quarter
• March 29 – April 6 – Easter Vacation
PARKING LOT DUTY: – Monday – Pratt, Qarana, Quakenbush, Tuesday – Ramos, Regan, Reid, Wednesday – Rivera, Roumayah, Roye, Thursday – Rudnick, Ruffini, Sabagh. If you are unable to fulfill your obligation, please trade with another family. Thank you!
• Nicholas Lazar! Nicholas was last week’s TRACK winner. He was nominated by Mrs. Tarpley in the cafeteria for being kind, friendly, respectful, and trustworthy. Keep up the good work, Nicholas!
• Mrs. Kender’s class for winning the winter Box Tops drive! C3 sent in 1,393 Box Tops which not only earned them the “Hugo Cup,” but also a pizza party as the overall winner for the year with 1,690 Box Tops. Congratulations to Mrs. Nagel’s class for a 2nd place overall finish with 1,554. Mrs. Davis’ class took 3rd place with 1,357 Box Tops. Thanks to all that supported our Box Tops campaign this year. Box Tops can be sent in until the end of the year and will be credited to the school on June 1.
• Our February Students of the Month! Kindergarten Readiness – Antonella Improta, kindergarten – Emerson Priebe, 1st grade – Sophia Menker, 2nd grade – Felicity Jackson, 3rd grade – Jack Milewicz, 4th grade – Emerson Turkot, 5th grade – Francesca Daogaru, 6th grade – Ryan Wells, 7th grade – John Torok, 8th grade – Bianca Giglio, Band – Emerson Turkot, and Mia Tosto, Art – Noah Van Norwick, and Jenna Okka.
THANK YOU for supporting the fifth grade Lenten Project! Because of their efforts, $113.50 will be donated to the Ladies of Charity.
• The Hickory Grove Road entrance is to be used for picking up students for early dismissal and dropping off students after 8:30 am (late student arrival before 8:30 am should be at the back entrance – blue canopy). All volunteers, including lunch duty, should park in the back parking lot.
• When exiting the parking lot at dismissal, please be sure to exit at the bottom of the hill between the church and chapel.
MS. BITZINGER’S PET RABBIT, Pickles, will be visiting the art room from March 19-23. If you have any concerns about allergies, please contact Ms. Bitzinger to make accommodations.
ADHD SUPPORT GROUP MEETING is being held on Monday, March 12 from 7:30pm-9: 00 pm at Way Elementary School (765 W. Long Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills). The meeting is being hosted by CHADD (Children and Adults with ADHD) of Eastern Oakland County and a Farmington Hills-based private practice. This is a combined parent and adult support group. For more information go to www.chadd.net/527.
AS YOU KNOW, St. Hugo has partnered with AmazonSmile to raise money for our school! There is a great promotion going on right now for all those who have not yet made a purchase through AmazonSmile. Amazon is tripling the donation rate on your first smile.amazon.com purchase – through March 31! Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/38-1410477 and Amazon donates to St. Hugo of the Hills School. Your account and Prime settings do not change…the only difference is that you are purchasing through Smile.Amazon.com, and therefore helping our school! Any questions? Contact Colleen O’Brien, email@example.com.
APRIL BOOK CLUB: Students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. April’s book will be The Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni. Book Club will be $60 for a 3-week session (April 13, 20, 27). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included in the 3-week session. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s Book Club.
THE TEACHER APPRECIATION COMMITTEE is looking for small items to raffle at their March Teacher Appreciation Luncheon – gift cards, scarves, wine, etc. Donations can be sent to the office marked “Teacher Appreciation”. Questions can be directed to Mrs. Priebe or Mrs. Denipoti.
THERE WILL BE A RAIDER TRACK information meeting for parents on Thursday, March 15 at 6:30 pm at St. Regis. If your student(s) will be participating in Raider Track and you would like to carpool, please contact Mrs. Ryan.
PUBLIC LIBRARY VISITS FOR PRIZES DURING MARCH IS READING MONTH: Any student, during the month of March, who visits their public library will receive a small prize when they bring Mrs. Braet their public library book receipt. Students can earn multiple small prizes if multiple visits are made to their public library. Please note, one prize per a weekly public library visit. Students must be able to voice what books they checked out at their public library to Mrs. Braet when claiming their prize.