February 26, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
• Thursday, March 1 – Grade 2 students and parents Eucharist Meeting, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Church, if you did not attend on February 22
• Friday, March 2 – Reconciliation for grades 3-8 by schedule
• March 3-4 – CYO Regional Basketball Tournament
• Saturday, March 3 – Annual Auction, A Night With the Stars, 6:30 pm, Orchard Lake Country Club
• Friday, March 9 – Jeans day, $1/student supporting March is Reading Month
• Thursday, March 15 – Fine Arts Open House, 7:00pm-8: 30 pm
• Friday, March 16 – No school
• Friday, March 16 – Deadline to order April lunches
• March 27 – April 16 – PowerSchool shut down
• Wednesday, March 28 – End of 3rd quarter
• March 29 – April 6 – Easter Vacation
PARKING LOT DUTY: – Monday – Joulakh, Keena, Kelly, Tuesday – Kindt, Kosin, Koziarz, Wednesday – Kozole, Kretschmer, Krzeszewski, Thursday – Maher, Mains, Manni, S., Friday – Marini, Marougy, McGrath. If you are unable to fulfill your obligation, please trade with another family. Thank you!
LENTEN GOOD WORKS: St. Hugo will be supporting the Ladies of Charity Clothes Closet/Food Pantry. The food drive will end on March 9. Suggestions are as follows:
Kindergarten Readiness – 1st grade – cereal
Grade 2 & 3 – mac & cheese, cans of soup
Grade 4 & 5 – peanut butter (plastic jars only – will not be stored in classrooms)
Grade 6, 7 & 8 – toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, soap)
All grades – brown grocery bags
Kindergarten Readiness class collecting cereal as their part of the Good works of Lent.
CONGRATULATIONS TO: Gabby Mekani! Gabby was last week’s TRACK winner. She was nominated by Mrs. Slifka for being friendly, courteous, and helpful in the classroom. Keep up the good work, Gabby!
THANK YOU to all that have St. Hugo designated on their Kroger Community Rewards Program. We raised $316.32 last quarter!
HELP WANTED! Ms. Bitzinger is in need of volunteers to hang artwork for our annual Fine Arts Open House in March. Please click on the following link to sign up. Many hands will make light work. Thanks in advance! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4da5ac2ba0fb6-2018.
THE TEACHER APPRECIATION COMMITTEE is looking for small items to raffle at their March Teacher Appreciation Luncheon – gift cards, scarves, wine, etc. Donations can be sent to the office marked “Teacher Appreciation”. Questions can be directed to Mrs. Priebe or Mrs. Denipoti.
PUBLIC LIBRARY VISITS FOR PRIZES DURING MARCH IS READING MONTH: Any student, during the month of March, who visits their public library will receive a small prize when they bring Mrs. Braet their public library book receipt. Students can earn multiple small prizes if multiple visits are made to their public library. Please note, one prize per a weekly public library visit. Students must be able to voice what books they checked out at their public library to Mrs. Braet when claiming their prize.
HELP WANTED! Help is needed in the cafeteria every other Friday. If interested, please contact Mr. Vincler.