February 19-25, 2018
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
• Thursday, February 22 – Grade 2 students and parents Eucharist Meeting, 7:00pm-8: 30 pm, Church (if unable to attend, please attend on March 1)
• Friday, February 23 – deadline to submit Box Tops
• Friday, February 23 – non-uniform day if you purchased your Auction ticket or sponsorship(s) by February 9
• Thursday, March 1 – Grade 2 students and parents Eucharist Meeting, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Church, if you did not attend on February 22
• Friday, March 2 – Jean’s Day, $1 donation, supporting March is Reading Month
• March 3-4 – CYO Regional Basketball Tournament
• Saturday, March 3 – Annual Auction, A Night With the Stars, 6:30 pm, Orchard Lake Country Club
• Thursday, March 15 – Fine Arts Open House, 7:00pm-8: 30 pm
• Friday, March 16 – No school
• Friday, March 16 – Deadline to order April lunches
• March 27 – April 16 – PowerSchool shut down
• Wednesday, March 28 – End of 3rd quarter
• March 29 – April 6 – Easter Vacation
PARKING LOT DUTY: – Wednesday – Hermann, Herstein, Hierlihy, Thursday – Hock, Hogan, Hyde, Friday – Ibrahim, Jackson, Jesena. If you are unable to fulfill your obligation, please trade with another family. Thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS TO Jimmy Kowalewski! Jimmy was last week’s TRACK winner. He was nominated by Mrs. Slifka for being friendly, courteous, and helpful in the classroom. Keep up the good work, Jimmy!
THANK YOU for your generosity in supporting the Leukemia Lymphoma Society! St. Hugo raised over $395.
THE NEXT CLAY CLASS will be Monday, February 26 and March 5 from 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm. Please4 send a check made payable to Anna Bitzinger in the amount of $45. Open to grades 1-8, kinders may attend if an older sibling is also signed up.
HELP WANTED! Ms. Bitzinger is in need of volunteers to hang artwork for our annual Fine Arts Open House in March. Please click on the following link to sign up. Many hands will make light work. Thanks in advance! Open House Set-up Help
• Please be sure to check your email for the latest from the St. Hugo Auction Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you are interested in hosting a social scene, please make sure you submit by Thursday, February 22.
• Following are performance times for Open House (Thursday, March 15) – 7:00 pm – 3rd-grade recorder, 7:20 pm – 4th/5th-grade concert band, 7:40 pm – 6th-8th-grade junior high band, 8:00 pm – 4th-grade chorus, 8:20 pm – 6th grade chorus, 8:40pm – Vocal Vikings
• Participation forms for the Open House performance have been emailed and a hard copy sent home with students in grades 3 – 8. Please complete and return the form by Monday, February 26.
IT’S TIME FOR OUR NEXT BOX TOP drive so remember to keep clipping and sending them in over the next few weeks. The deadline to submit is February 23 so there is a lot of time to show your support in this easy and fun way! Our last Box Top drive raised $1,115 and was used to purchase needed supplies for our classrooms. Our next drive will be used to start a much-needed library renovation. So let’s all support Mrs. Braet and help her improve the library for our children. Box Tops really do add up! Here is a list of what your Box Tops have already given our school this year: 48 pairs of scissors for latchkey and the library, 9 hole punches, a 3-hole punch, a tape dispenser, a Spanish-English dictionary, 72 privacy desk partitions, 16 pack of Expo dry erase markers, set of public speaking DVD’s for junior high, 12 packs of washable crayons, 30 glue sticks, 6 packs of Crayola washable markers, 5 student dictionaries, 15 scrapbooking hole punches, and 24 Popplet apps for our school Ipads. It is amazing the impact you can make just by clipping some Box Tops!