Kinderlime Parent Portal
Tis’ the season to be jolly…ARE YOU BUSY?…It’s that time of year…
If you’re as busy as the rest of us, we can provide you with some extra time to run errands– or do that special holiday shopping before Christmas …
How is that possible, you may ask? Yes, your St. Hugo Latch Key is here to serve you and your family all school year long! Yes, you can still enroll your child in Latch Key! No worries whatsoever. Registration forms are available in the Office and at Latch Key in the cafeteria before and after school!
WONDERING WHAT WE DO IN LATCH KEY?
- Are you concerned about your child completing homework during this busy season? Latch Key provides study time and help for homework– at no extra cost.
- You will find that the children love being together! Often they just want to stay and play when you get here. Our large age range of children makes this time very much like your big family reunion when we get together.
- Children play imaginatively, making up their own games, as well as play with traditional board games and floor games.
- The kids enjoy choosing one of their favorite snacks and beverages here in Latch Key.
- They also love 20-30 minutes of fresh air outdoors– every day the weather permits. Outdoor recess often includes tag, soccer, kick ball, and the playground structures.
- News Flash: The TV/DVD player is up and running now for special days or as another choice during inclement weather.
- We’ve also added indoor bowling, thanks to the Josh Reid family’s wonderful donation!
- And we’ve added indoor hop scotch!
- Brrrrr…Cold weather is approaching! YES, we go outside and play every possible day we can! Kids need to run and stretch! Running around helps children stay healthy and warm, but your child still needs to be prepared for the colder weather that is on its way! So far no one has told us they are cold. Thank you, Parents, for making sure that your child’s outdoor clothing is complete!
- Some children, with the colder weather, may need an extra snack in their lunch bags to eat– in addition to the snacks provided in Latch Key– especially if you know you will be coming later to pick them up close to dinner time.
- We really try to help your child stay organized and keep everything in one area, where they are working, and at a spot along the walls. So…when it’s time to leave Latch Key for the day, please have your child check for all their belongings. We really don’t want you to have to make another trip here to pick up homework and outdoor clothing.
- Please be sure to check the LOST and FOUND in the CAFETERIA for missing items!!!
If your child is already in Latch Key please invite others to join in! We’d love to have you. And yes, at St. Hugo Latch Key, praying for you and your family is also a very important part of our daily routine! Feel free to call or email me with any questions. We’re here to serve!
In Christ’s love,
Mrs. Cathy Winowiecki and the St. Hugo Latch Key Staff