January 8, 2018
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Tuesday, January 9 – Lice checks
- Wednesday, January 10 – Geography Bee, 3:40 pm – winner declared (approximately 5:00 pm). Parents should send a “Going Home Another Way” note with their child.
- Friday, January 12 – Jeans Day, $2/student supporting Science Exchange
- Friday, January 12 – End of 2 nd quarter
- Monday, January 15 – no school, MLK Day
- Saturday, January 20 – First Reconciliation, 11:00 am, Church
- Sunday, January 21 – Open House for prospective families, 11:00am-2: 00 pm
- January 22 – 26 – Vision Screening (PreK, 1 st , 3 rd , 5 th , and 7 th grade)
- Friday, January 26 – Science Exchange
- January 28 – February 2 – Catholic Schools Week (more details to follow)
CONGRATULATIONS TO Blake Bluthardt! Blake was our TRACK winner for the week ending December 21. He was nominated by Mrs. Slifka for showing initiative and helping students at Church. Keep up the good work, Blake!
PARENTS OF GIRLS IN 3RD – 5TH GRADES sign up now to receive a free GIFT and enroll your daughter in “Girls on the Run”. It is a 10 week season beginning the week of March 12 and ending the week of May 21. The purpose of the program is to inspire girls and make them feel empowered, self-aware, and increase their self-esteem. We also run…although that is not the focus of the program. Please see the attached flyer to sign up. If you have any questions contact Ann Bartoli at Ann.Bartoli@sthugoschool.org.
SAVE THE DATE! The 2018 Sweetheart Dance will be held at St. Hugo on February 2, 2018, from 6:30pm-8:30 pm. Details to follow after Christmas break!”
JANUARY BOOK CLUB! Any students in grades 4-6 who love to read are invited to join Mrs. Braet in the library on Fridays after school until 4:30 pm. January’s book will be The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi. Book Club will be $60 for a three-week session (January 12, 19, and 26). Weekly snacks, materials, and a purchased copy of the book for each student to keep will be included in the three-week session. If interested, please contact Mrs. Braet, email@example.com, or send a check made payable to Katrina Braet in the amount of $60. There will be a limit of 12 students for each month’s Book Club.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION for financial aid through the Archdiocese of Detroit opened on January 1. Go to https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3YQ41 to begin the application process.
THANKS TO ALL THAT PURCHASED candy canes! We raised over $460!
EXCITING AUCTION UPDATES!
· Check the backpack of your child! Important auction information was sent home today.
· An auction newsletter will be hitting your inbox real soon.
· Your formal auction invitation will be sent home later this week with your youngest child.